Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megance Scenic Steering lock

Options
  • 02-04-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

My megane scenic has had a falling out with its ECU. Basically the ECU has been water damaged, gone nuts, and needs replaced.

I left the car parked up near my parents house as it wont start (with some work disconnecting battery and generally unplugging and replugging wires into the ECU the car could be started, though stopping the engine was another story) and over the course of the week the battery has died.

I need to get it down to the sandyford motor centre (4 mile) to get the ECU replaced so i can get it running and trade it in for anything else. My problem is i dont know how to take the steering lock off...

The car is activated by key-card, so i cant just turn a key and tow away. Does anyone know how i could manage this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Nio idea I'm afraid but any idea what that new ECU is going to cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

They've quoted me 420.00, said its a quick job, a straight replacement part, and reprogramming.

Advertisement