Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Easter Hols so do peeps have time to meet for coffee?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

As the title states, let's try and get this to work this time. The poll is starting with Easter Monday 5th April, so lets see what's more popular over the weekend. Personally I have work on Friday, Saturday evening and all day Sunday so I will have to bail at three (Friday and Saturday) or not show up until after 7 (Sunday).

The plan is simple meet at the Spire on the appointed day at an appointed time. It's Easter hols time, shouldn't be too hard to get folks together!

What day suits you the best to meet? 8 votes

Monday
    0% 0 votes
    Tuesday
    62% 5 votes
    Wednesday
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday
    0% 0 votes
    Friday
    25% 2 votes
    Saturday
    0% 0 votes
    My legs have been cut off, I can't leave the PC
    12% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can meet up Monday morning/afternoon but I'll have to go at 4 or 5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Monday for me, I've to start work experience on Tuesday.

What a cúnt my course director is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm at a LAN this weekend, but I can definitely do Monday. Rest of the week clashes with college.

As long as the 70 doesn't try to **** me over. :mad:

Ah, don't be worrying about bus times. If you're late, that's when phones come into play. :)

I'm going to be at every one to help me complete my dex, btw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

CianRyan wrote: »
    Ah, don't be worrying about bus times. If you're late, that's when phones come into play. :)

I'm going to be at every one to help me complete my dex, btw! :D
    Pity this wasn't last week, my mate with the Living Pokédex moved to the UK on Friday!

So it seems to be Monday, yeah :D

I'll leave the meeting time up to whoever travels in the furthest away (since they will have to worry about getting a certain bus/train that only leaves once in a blue moon). I'm travelling in from the RDS so I can get a Dart, Bus or walk in (think of the Pokéwalker steps).

• Advertisement

Luas only take 45 minutes from my stop to Abbey Street + 15 minutes from my house = 1 hour.
    So I'm handy, I'll let some one else decide.

A little later would be nice... I'm lazy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd go but I'd be afraid of being the oldest person there :o

Bus which can take anywhere between 40 minutes and an hour ten to come in, plus ten minutes from my house.

I think I win :P

I'd go but I'd be afraid of being the oldest person there :o

Nope, buzz beats you on that count :P

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Nope, buzz beats you on that count :P
    That's highly possible, I maybe the oldest player on this island since the only known older active player than me left for the UK on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol ok. well i can probably make it up... wednesday, thursday or sunday. I'll be in dublin on sunday anyway for the Experience Japan event in Phoenix Park

EDIT: I might be able to make it up on the monday also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm only a 35-40 minute bus trip away so it won't take me long to get there. How does 12-ish sound to everyone?

I can make anytime, so I'm not a problem there. CianRyan and TheChrisD seem to have the longest travelling time, does around 12 suit you two?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I don't know if you guys would be okay with me (and the other half) coming along, since I'm only new on the forum. :pac:

I would be able to make it on Monday anyway.

earliest train for me arrives in connolly at 12.03 I'm afraid :(

If it's Easter Monday the first bus leaves here at 11:05, which would probably get me in anywhere between 11:55 and 12:15, plus I want to get breakfast :P

How about half twelve?

I don't know if you guys would be okay with me (and the other half) coming along, since I'm only new on the forum. :pac:

I would be able to make it on Monday anyway.

Of course you're welcome. :)

I'd say half twelve would be the job alright.

I don't know if you guys would be okay with me (and the other half) coming along, since I'm only new on the forum.
    I've only been joined on Boards.ie since late January, can I still come? :P
    earliest train for me arrives in connolly at 12.03 I'm afraid :(
    The Dart I'm planning to get arrives in Connolly at 12.07, you may see me in passing :D
    CianRyan wrote: »
    I'd say half twelve would be the job alright.
    12.30 seems to work with everyone then. Whoever is early can walk up and down O'Connell Street earning lots of Watts on their Pokéwalker.

Honestly you wouldn't miss me, yellow Pikachu hoodie kinda stands out. If you miss seeing that, just look for the girl standing at the spike playing a light blue DSi, that wouldn't be hard to miss.

As for going places, there is Eddie Rockets for Milkshakes, Jervis Shopping Center food court for a choice of noms, Insomnia coffee off Jervis House, a nice and quite bar near that Insomnia (can't remember the name of it, and that is guessing that it's open), Supermacs/McDonald's/McCafé/Burger King if you feel like that stuff early in the morning. That's where I'd usually head from that area, but again, if someone has a better idea I'm all ears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I've only been joined on Boards.ie since late January, can I still come? :P

Heh, I just meant because I've only been posting on the Pokemon forum here for a matter of days (didn't know that it existed before!) and figured I should probably check before showing up uninvited :D

Eddie Rockets for milkshakes/malts sounds good, wouldn't be a big MacDonalds/Burger King fan myself.

Eddies is more favourable alright, but a good cup of coffee at some stage has to happen!
    I am a coffee fiend!

• Advertisement

Right, I'll be on the 11.05 from Dunboyne, getting off Central Bank whenever, then walking along Westmoreland St, stopping in for a six-inch Chicken Tikka sub :P and then heading down to the big spike.

Not sure whether to bring my laptop bag or not, but if you're having trouble finding me, I'll be bringing my Pikachu probably in my bag, but the bear will definitely be noticeable :P
    Honestly you wouldn't miss me, yellow Pikachu hoodie kinda stands out.
    In more ways than one :P
    Heh, I just meant because I've only been posting on the Pokemon forum here for a matter of days (didn't know that it existed before!) and figured I should probably check before showing up uninvited :D

Meh, all that matters is that you're a Pokénerd - then we don't really care who turns up :P

Showing up uninvited is half the fun! It's not like we've booked a table anywhere and with times as they are, any place serving drinks would be glad to have us. Even if we are Poképlayers!
    Not sure whether to bring my laptop bag or not, but if you're having trouble finding me, I'll be bringing my Pikachu probably in my bag, but the bear will definitely be noticeable :P
    The Bear is a lot like my plush devil Nicky he gets up to all sorts of things, he's even on my current header on my blog. I'm certain Nicky will find his way into my bag on the day, he usually does...
    Meh, all that matters is that you're a Pokénerd - then we don't really care who turns up :P
    As long as someone shows up I'll be happy :)

So meet up at the spire at around 12:30-1pm yeah?

Feel free to PM numbers just in case someone gets lost or is going to be late.

Half of boards.ie has my number, no harm in spreading it around a bit more.

PM me for it, just to be safe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I'm heading down on Monday, I'll prob be down with Cherryghost

So just to recap, we are meeting at the spike at 12.30pm. It's not going to be hard to find find us, the city is generally empty on Bank Holidays. I will give at least 15 minutes grace for those that maybe late.

If you want my phone number (just like anyone elses's) then PM me. I may not be online for long tonight, but I will log in to check my messages before I head in (11.40am at the latest), so I will get back to anyone and everyone :)

I'll be leaving my place at the very latest at ten to eleven (god damn you 70... :mad:), so if anyone wants anything from me, message me before then.

Otherwise you can find info on my Facebook, that is if any of you can even see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I've only started posting here in the last few days but I think I'll pop along to this too, if you'll have me.

Teferi wrote: »
    I've only started posting here in the last few days but I think I'll pop along to this too, if you'll have me.

Anyone who shows up and is an obvious Pokénerd is more than welcome :P

• Advertisement

Right, I'm leaving in about 15 minutes. You definitely won't be needing my number, it'd be hard not to spot the snivelling nerd with the Games Soc hoodie, bear in full view, and a Pikachu and an Arceus in his bag. Most likely eating a chicken tikka sub.

Why must I feel like crap today of all days :(

Advertisement