Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto MPG

Options
  • 02-04-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I have a Fiat Punto 2001 reg, and it seems to be drinking petrol. The MPG has gone down since having it tuned to get through the NCT on emissions, and am now only getting around 33 mpg out of it :eek:

Is it just me or does this seem ridiculously low....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The sister had a 02 1.2 Punto and she said selling it was the worst thing she's done, it was (and I know this) an absolute and utter miser on juice. Something sounds wrong is a car that's 1.2 and weighs about 3.5 stone is only getting 33mpg...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

I used to have a '01 1.2 that did 49mpg, even when everything in it was breaking. I miss it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I have a Golf GTi that gets better mpg than that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I thought as much - have tried running two lots of Redex through it as it was stuttering a bit, that seems to have solved the stutter but now what? Really don't want to have to take it back to the mechanic but I think it was the "tuning" to get it through the NCT that basically screwed the MPG's.......any non-mechanic related ideas to get it back up?

It was serviced just before Christmas, tyre pressures are all good, only thing that might be a bit iffy is the exhaust I suppose

Advertisement