Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer NERD needed!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 02-04-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi, I am a computer novice, I have a Acer 5220 laptop I use to watch movies and browse etc..

A while back I stupidly let my ex GF download some programs on it in order to watch new release movies, games, and the like, the problem is I can NOT uninstall these programs from my control panel, when I right click on the one I want to unstall It say's;

''file
    does not exsist cannot unstall'' :mad:

I have installed Norton anti-virus (internet 2010) recently hoping that would help me solve issue but still no joy..........

Time to call in a computer NERD...

PLZ help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

You've definitely done your cause no harm by typing the word nerd in all caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

koHd wrote: »
    You've definitely done your cause no harm by typing the word nerd in all caps.

I take it you are not a nerd? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

There're few options: the last one is reinstall your OS.
    Anyway you can use some programs which gonna removed application from your HDD or just you can delete shortcut from your desktop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

asgaard wrote: »
    There're few options: the last one is reinstall your OS.
    Anyway you can use some programs which gonna removed application from your HDD or just you can delete shortcut from your desktop.

OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

OS?
    Operating System (98, XP, Vista, 7)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I take it you are not a nerd? :rolleyes:

Well, how would you like it if a so called 'NERD' offered help for any 'RETARD' that didn't know how to uninstall an application?

Just sayin' like...

But anyway, depending on how long ago the program was installed, something as simple as a system restore could bring your computer back to when it wasn't installed. But you will also lose anything you put on the computer since the restore date, so is generally a last option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

The easiest way will be to reinstall the program (if you still have the setup or you can download again) and then uninstall it. Reinstall will create all the entries required for proper uninstall.

You can try programs like Revo Uninstaller.
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/download/revouninstaller.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

coldfire1x wrote: »
    The easiest way will be to reinstall the program (if you still have the setup or you can download again) and then uninstall it. Reinstall will create all the entries required for proper uninstall.

You can try programs like Revo Uninstaller.
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/download/revouninstaller.zip

/\ /\ Great suggestion. Also a lot of software companies provide uninstall programs to remove their software if the normal uninstall method fails. Check out their website to see. Good luck.

Advertisement