Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Toll

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Ok, i'm a culchie and today i passed the M50 toll for the very first time (in my tractor;))

But seriously do they really take a picture of every single vehicle that passes or is that a load of BS?

And what if i chance me arm and don't pay, what happens then??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

They have taken a snap of your tractor.

I was doing scanning work for a friend where I scanned post and bills and things. I have seen the quality of the picture they take of the cars. Its mad. They could tell how many fingers you are putting up at the camera.

If you don't pay they will post the bill out to the current owner of the reg plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

philstar wrote: »

You get sent back down the country to sleep in a ditch with your first cousin/sister/uncle :D and wont be allowed back into the Pale again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

If you don't pay, you'll get a letter saying you haven't paid and you'll have to pay 6eur or something like that.

Avoid the Toll by going to Blanch and down to Lucan (or Lucan to Blanch depending on which way you're going) and you can save the charge.
    Though if that's too inconvenient for you, then just pay the toll...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Avoid the Toll by going to Blanch and down to Lucan (or Lucan to Blanch depending on which way you're going) and you can save the charge.
    Though if that's too inconvenient for you, then just pay the toll...

well as a matter of fact i was taking my sis from clondalkin to dub airport, so would the above have worked for me?...and how long would it have added to the journey?

Google maps says Maynooth to Blanch would be 4 mins longer or something little if you went the way mentioned.

I did it today but I cant remember how long it took but Id say you are looking at about 10 minutes longer with traffic lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bbk wrote: »
    Its mad. They could tell how many fingers you are putting up at the camera.

I always give them a wave :D

Mc Love wrote: »
    I always give them a wave :D

How . . kind of you haha.

There was about a weeks worth of F you's when I check the post we got from them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

yeah tractors shouldn't be on the motorway!! Yes you can bet all the animals on the farm your reg would have been snapped. 8pm tomo to pay the toll

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do not feed the toll. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

well as a matter of fact i was taking my sis from clondalkin to dub airport, so would the above have worked for me?...and how long would it have added to the journey?

Dunno...

I live in Lucan, so if I wanna go up the northside, I just go straight up into blanch and take the N3 onto the M50 from there. Toll avoided!!

It probably adds about 5 extra mins to the journey but its worth beating the system!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭RobertM

you have to pay the toll by the 8pm otherwise they will send you a letter at home with an extra 3 euro to pay, if you fail to pay that you will receive another letter with 47.50 euro additional charge and the picture with your car as well, and if you fail to pay that as well, they`ll send you to court. Simples:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Ok, i'm a culchie and today i passed the M50 toll for the very first time (in my tractor;))

But seriously do they really take a picture of every single vehicle that passes or is that a load of BS?

In a day and age where we can send shuttles into space and take pictures from the surface of mars, you find it hard to believe we can get a picture of every car travelling the M50?

Are culchies seriously this backward? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Do you have to stop so the man can take your snap as I didnt see no man with a camera when I went through. Can I get a few enlargements printed to give to the Aunty in Kerry? If you pays extra , can your snap be in colour?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    In a day and age where we can send shuttles into space and take pictures from the surface of mars, you find it hard to believe we can get a picture of every car travelling the M50?

Are culchies seriously this backward? :)

whats a shuttle then:confused: can i get one second-hand:confused: or they any good for harvesting:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Ahh, you rustic types are so charming with your humour and your pigsh1t and incest and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Getta John Gormless mask and drive through it repeatively then load him with the bill muhahahahaah.....

Advertisement