Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attemped car robbery in applewood

Options
  • 01-04-2010 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Some little feckers tried to rob my car last weekend in applewood swords it's a little runaround i bought myself 2 weeks before so i could get to work and give the missus the jeep after the new baby arrived

Totally fecked up everything they bent the door back and ripped off the steering wheel while trying to brake the steering lock

Load of bollox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Some little feckers tried to rob my car last weekend in applewood swords it's a little runaround i bought myself 2 weeks before so i could get to work and give the missus the jeep after the new baby arrived

Totally fecked up everything they bent the door back and ripped off the steering wheel while trying to brake the steering lock

Load of bollox

Plenty of scum around that area of late trying to rob cars and houses. All i can say is keep your eyes open and your front door locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Hadnt heard anything but thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Don3556

Applewood is on the road to ruin. Thousands of apartments and town houses and no facilities for the kids. A small grassy area in the middle of a development is not what you would call a facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

I was heading to the bus stop the other day and there was 2 young boys in one of the archways, one keeping watch whilst the other had his head in a petrol container. :eek: Made me feel sick in my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Unless the Gardai come down really heavy on these tearaways soon there will be mayhem in parts of North Dublin. Some places around most towns are well on the road to being nothing more than getto's and its very unfair on hard working people who are doing their best.

A lot of developers got away with building so called developments and putting no facilities in them. I would suggest neighbours will have to get together and put up surveilance cameras between them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Any time you see something suspicious, call the Gardai. Let them know that you're seeing these things, even if they don't respond. Also, it will show head office (in the monthly stats) that something needs to be looked at.

Get a resident's association going. Meet with the Gardai and especially the Community Officer.

Get neighbours to watch out for each other. Also let these kids/teens know that you're watching them too.

Best of luck.

Advertisement