Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT547 - Law PgDip

Options
  • 01-04-2010 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anybody have any comments on this course? Thinking of doing it after my degree this year but interested to see what others have experienced while doing it. Work load, lecturers, assignments etc.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sophie_B

Not worth the paper its written on. Wish I had known this before I took the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eleven11

Why do you say that? I didn't think a post grad qualification in Law would lack credibility?

I'm going to apply to the guards when recruitment comes around again so I thought this course would be helpful. Also an LLB can be completed in one year if you have this diploma. Or so I'm told!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sophie_B

My apologies, I jumped to conclusions assuming you were interested in a career as a solicitor or a barrister.

If you complete the diploma, you may apply to the Masters of Arts in Law, it's not an LLM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bcarolan

Anyone with a question concerning the Postgrad Diploma in Law at the Dublin Institute of Technology can contact me, Bruce Carolan, Head of the Department of Law, at (01) 402-3016.

I can put you in touch with current or former students to discuss the programme.

Our graduates are successful solicitors working at some of the largest firms in Ireland, or have gone on successfully to complete further postgraduate training in law.

Bruce Carolan

Advertisement