Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais

Options
  • 01-04-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Last week I received a huge bill from Bord Gais (for Jan and Feb) which I knew was wrong. Eventually after 4 phone calls, a week of trying and being told I was the one who was wrong they informed me yesterday that they have sent me out a new bill for the correct amount down from €311 to €160.
    However they also informed me that they cancelled the previous bill (for Nov and Dec) which I had already paid as they made a mistake on that one too. That bill now jumped from approx. €50 to €150. I had already paid the €50 bill in early January.

I was wondering are they able to go back 2 months and cancel a bill I have already paid and then charge me again for those months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So, Nov-Dec goes up €100, and Jan-Feb goes down €150, is that right? Can you do a reading of your meter, and make sure that the current reading is accurate. Once you know that, you will know how much is owed. If you look at the total from Nov to Feb, subtract what you paid in Dec (€50), then the remainder is what you owe now.

By my math, you now owe about €260. If this stacks up with the current meter reading, then that's what you owe.

Normally, I wouldn't have thought they'd revisit a previous bill, rather they'd put any incorrect debit or credit on the current or next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't think that they can cancel a previous bill if it has been closed by receipt of payment. They should issue an adjustment invoice or debit memo instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I received an email today from Bord Gais informing me that there will be an increase to my bills as a result of the 2010 Budget, exact wording as follows:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The carbon tax is a new Government tax introduced in the 2010 Budget applicable to all CO2 emission sources. The carbon tax will be levied on natural gas customers from 1st May 2010.[/SIZE][/FONT]

The link to the Irish Tax and Customs site is - http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/leaflets/index.html - and it's the first PDF doc.

I'm dreading this as my bills are already huge:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

wasnt this only a small increase, IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

They say "A rate of €3.07 per megawatt hour applies."

• Advertisement
Advertisement