Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

brake warning light

Options
  • 01-04-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just wondering what would be the reason for brake warning light in Volvo S40,

I tought the reason would be low brake fluid level but this is not the case, to make the warning even more strange is that the car only shows the warning in tight corners(when driven fast), not in normal driving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Are you sure its a brake warning light? and are you sure the fluid isnt low?

It does sound like low fluid.

Is it a red light (!) or is it more like (O)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

It is the red warning light like you posted above.

I checked the fluid and it is ok, well compeletely black tough:( but there is enough fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Well get it to a garage & drive slowly. I assume you are not driving with the handbrake partially on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I was thinking the handbrake as well, but I do not think that is the reason, I have to find out more then.

Advertisement