Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa Heater

Options
  • 01-04-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here could help me.

I have an Opel corsa, and the heater is just blowing cold air at the moment. Was wondering if there was anything obvious that I could check before I send it to a mechanic . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

check the engine coolant level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

If you need to add coolant, then wait untill the car is cold, since the system is pressurised, so if you open the coolant cap when car is hot then all the (hot) coolant will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Coolant level is the likely suspect, but also worth a check, without ripping all the dash off, is check the heater control that selects hot or cold. This probably acts via a cable (like the bonnet/boot release cable), to control a valve that lets coolant through the heater matrix. Sometimes the cable can break or become disconnected from the valve. It should feel like there is some resistance to movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Cheers for the replies. Just got home now, so gonna check the coolant in a while. Don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to engines!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Cheers for the replies. Just got home now, so gonna check the coolant in a while. Don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to engines!

Thats all fairly basic stuff and everyone should be familiar with where stuff goes. Like coolant, power steering fluid, oil and water.

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    Thats all fairly basic stuff and everyone should be familiar with where stuff goes. Like coolant, power steering fluid, oil and water.

Sorry mate, I know where the 'stuff' goes. I asked about the heater in my car. Sorry if I couldn't put two and two together, but I thought that was the point of forums such as this? What was the point of your comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to engines!

Why did you say the above? No offense meant though :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

reminded of this :D
    adcorsa.jpg
    no offence intended to the OP

colm_mcm wrote: »
    reminded of this :D
    adcorsa.jpg
    no offence intended to the OP

:pac: suppose I deserve the ridicule.

Advertisement