Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

problem with car showing up as stolen- can't get insurance quote

Options
  • 01-04-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hi

basically 2 years ago my number plates were stolen.. went to the guards, I reported it..and that was it

now I'm ringing around looking for insurance quotes..well everyone is telling me that the system says that because my car was reported stolen, they can't give me a quote

anyone can tell me who can get this sorted?
    I looked for the deparment of environment contact details, I get some random automated message who is just costing me 20c/min without going anywhere

any help is appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

You can try to go to the garda station and clarify it.

From what I can make out, you report the registration plate stolen, obviously you just replace it. What happened in between the two years till now? How did you get an insurance then? Don't you need to renew every year?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i didnt change insurance company, hibernian
    they sent me the usual request to renew and i went ahead with it

only happened now that i've been ringing around to other insurers

ye i just replaced the plates and that was that

i just keep gettin bumped from one phone number to the other so maybe i'll go to the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Someone could have bought a car that had your stolen plates on it and had the car stolenand reported it so your reg is on a stolen cars list?

What are the odds?

anything is possible

not the first story that i ve heard of a car totally ''cloned''
    happened to someone i know as well

i guess the garda station is really the place to go

so the car was not reported stolen so the department must have messed up somewhere.. that'll be a problem to sort out as at the vro they won't even pick up the phone

• Advertisement
Advertisement