Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man U V Chelsea shown in 3D in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any bars in Dublin showing it in 3d this weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Does anyone know of any bars in Dublin showing it in 3d this weekend?

In before the Dublin Forum/Soccer Forum posts!

Oh yeah - and the Pennyhill in Lucan are showing it in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

The woolshed on parnell st has it advertised, so that's where i'll be heading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daveyboy8600

Fagans in drumcondra showed the last 3d match with united and arsenal so they might show it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I wont be watching it in 2d either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Would have to be fucking Utd :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Any list of pubs all around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I wouldn't travel too far for it.
    All it did was make me feel sea sick....!

Sky are pushing and pushing but its not worth it, yet, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Piochin still - Rathcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭generalbison

It seems a bunch of pubs all owned by Louis Fitzgerald are showing it in 3D:

Around Dublin:
    The Grand Central, O Connell St, Dublin
    The Marble Arch, Dublin 12
    The Arlington Hotel, Bachelors Walk, Dublin
    An Poitin Stil, Naas Road, Rathcoole
    The Old Mill, Old Bawn Road, Tallaght
    Laurels, Main St, Clondalkin
    The Traders, St. James Road, Walkinstown
    Palmerstown House, Old Lucan Road, Palmerstown
    The Finches, Neilstown Road, Clondalkin

Also:
    Pennyhill, Ballyowen shopping centre
    The Quays, Quay St, Galway
    The Roost, Main Street, Maynooth

I might give it a go, just to see what its like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭markpb

The Village on Camden St has a sign saying that they have it in 3D too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

List of some pubs doing the game in 3D tomorrow:
    Cork
    Reardens, Washington St
    SoHo bar and Restaurant, Grand Parade

Dublin
    Gilbert and Wright, Malahide
    The Bank, College Green (D2)
    The Oval, Abbey Street
    The Goat Pub, Dublin 14
    The Dropping Well, Milltown
    The Lord Lucan, Lucan
    The Old Orchard, Rathfarnham
    The Pennyblack Tavern, Tallaght
    The Old Mill, Phibsboro
    Finches, Neilstown
    Grand Central, O'Connell St
    Palmerstown House, Palmerstown
    Arlington Hotel, Bachelors Walk
    The Woolshed, Parnell St
    The Marble Arch, Drimnagh
    Paddy Cullen's, Ballsbridge
    Bloom's Hotel, Temple Bar
    The Village, Wexford St

Galway
    The Quays Bar

Kerry
    The Exchange, Ballybunion

Louth
    Tennantys, Ardee

Meath
    Dublin House, Dunshaughlin
    Kiely's Bar, Trim

Monaghan
    The Squealing Pig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

My husband has gone to see it in 3D.

Live in Manchester.

That probably isn't very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My husband has gone to see it in 3D.

Live in Manchester.

That probably isn't very helpful.

has he a list of pubs showing it in manchester?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Don't bother go!!! seriously, I was over at the roost, they're showing it on a 47 inch TV up in the corner over the bar, far too small. Plus the customers are only using the cheapo Avatar type glasses which Don't work!!!! I was testing it out lifting the glasses up and down and double vision the whole time.....having seen Avatar which is proper 3D....this is definitely not. You need the 100 quid a pop glasses that come with the 3D TVs which receive an IR signal from the TV adjusting the shutter speed or frame rate for it to work properly. Absolute con...trying to get people into the pub. I'm now at home watching the second half on my 46" with sky HD and Onkyo 7.1 THX certified sound system!!!:) Far better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

markfla wrote: »
    Don't bother go!!! seriously, I was over at the roost, they're showing it on a 47 inch TV up in the corner over the bar, far too small. Plus the customers are only using the cheapo Avatar type glasses which Don't work!!!! I was testing it out lifting the glasses up and down and double vision the whole time.....having seen Avatar which is proper 3D....this is definitely not. You need the 100 quid a pop glasses that come with the 3D TVs which receive an IR signal from the TV adjusting the shutter speed or frame rate for it to work properly. Absolute con...trying to get people into the pub. I'm now at home watching the second half on my 46" with sky HD and Onkyo 7.1 THX certified sound system!!!:) Far better

I told all who'd listen when I heard about Sky promoting their new 3D channel in pubs, that it was a terrible idea.

It was a great idea to promote their 'new' sports channels via pubs back in the day because it was all about the content. It didn't matter what kind of TV the pub showed the matches on because it wasn't about what the matches looked like it was about the fact that the matches were on these Sky Channels. Punters would go home from the pub saying to themselves that they would love to get Sky and their sports channels at home.

Sky seemed to have a bit of cop on when it came to HiDef TV. They knew that they weren't going to wow pub punters with HD even if the pubs had HDTV's fitted because with most punters sitting more than 20ft away from at most a 42-46inch plasma, one couldn't see the difference between HiDef and Standard-Def anyway.

So I was suprised when I heard they were trying the Pub promotional model for 3D. What idiot thought that it would be a good idea to have a pub full of people wearing 'sunglasses' indoors in a bright room(unlike a dark cinema or home where you don't look like an eejit) craning their necks over other drunken punters 20,30,40 feet from a 46" plasma from which distance the 3D effect is basically invisible. A recipe for all the punters bar those sitting right under the screen to leave the pub saying to themselves that this 3D lark is a load of bollix.

It will have the opposite promotional effect to what Sky intended. Hundreds of punters from each pub going home and telling all their friends and families (1000's and 1000's via each pub showing by word of mouth) not to bother getting Sky 3D when it comes out for the home market and not to bother getting one of the new 3D Tv's.

I am skeptical of 3D even being worthwhile at home on a 42" plasma sitting the average 12fit away. Even that isn't close enough or screen big enough to really be wowed by the 3D effect. You really need the screen sizes provided by a projector. 3D has been amazing in the Cinemas and I am not knocking 3D at all but I really think its a waste of time unless you have a projector (Of course you'll need a new 3D capable projector)

Me, I can't wait for Avatar on 3D Bluray or 3D Premiership matches at home but only because I have a Home-Cinema room with a 100 inch screen with the seats 12ft away and need to upgrade my projector anyway. Need a 50in plasma for the sitting room soon too but I won't be getting a 3D model. Don't see the point on that size screen.

Advertisement