Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote locking on mondeo mk3 not working

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It's clearly playing an April Fools prank on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭techdiver

I had a similar issue with a 2002 mondeo. I changed the battery and that did not fix the issue.

I then found a website that explains how to re-program it - http://www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm .

Essentially you need to:
    • Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
    • Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.
    • During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.
    • Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

techdiver wrote: »
    I had a similar issue with a 2002 mondeo. I changed the battery and that did not fix the issue.

I then found a website that explains how to re-program it - http://www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm .

Essentially you need to:
    • Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
    • Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.
    • During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.
    • Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.
    Best of luck.

Will try this later on, thanks a lot :)

turns out the remote is the problem, bought new keys and works properly now. thanks to all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

simoniz wrote: »
    turns out the remote is the problem, bought new keys and works properly now. thanks to all:)

How much and where did you get them?

• Advertisement

How much and where did you get them?
    30e check adverts He still have one left and easy to program too,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cool have posted saying I'll pay asking.

Thanks

MC

Advertisement