Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW - Show your true colours

Options
  • 01-04-2010 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

http://bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/about/news/0,,1156__181258900_,00.html
    The BMW Political Roundel Attachment Tag.

181258900l1April%20fools%20news%20270x200%20copy.jpg

Show your true colours this election.

Soon, Great Britain will be in the grip of election fever and as the public goes to the polls BMW has created a unique way to personalise its vehicles depending on your political views. BMW’s innovative Political Roundel Attachment Tag (PRAT) is a highly stylised limited edition accessory of the BMW product portfolio and comes available in the colours of all major UK parties.

Uwe Beanhadde, Head of Made-up Technology at BMW’s renowned Forschungs und Innovationszentrum in Munich, said: “We have been working on this innovation for a number of years and see it as a niche we’ve yet to expand into. One of the most popular features sure to strike a cord with the floating voter is that the roundel can also be replaced in a matter of seconds should the opposition suddenly feel more appealing”.

News of the PRAT accessory comes swiftly after boffins at BMW offered other award winning innovations such as Canine Repellant Alloy Protection that stopped dogs relieving themselves on your nice wheels, Magnetic Tow Technology, the ultimate in tailgating tech, and BMW Instant Messaging which let owners really know what they thought of other road users.

Car buyers are expected to vote with their wheels as well as their feet on election day, but before that further details on PRAT can be found by contacting 0800 561 0080 or emailing Uwe.Beanhadde@bmw.co.uk or to find out more on real innovations visit http://www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive or http://www.bmw.co.uk/efficientdynamics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Imagine the price of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Good old Uwe Beanhadde - always seems to float his great ideas around this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Berty wrote: »
    Imagine the price of it.

Date ?

Jip wrote: »
    Date ?

I know what Date it is.

Im saying Imagine the price of it because all it is is a replacement BMW Badge in a different colour.

They "would" nearly double the price, it being real of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Date ?
    Berty wrote: »
    I know what Date it is.

No Berty, I think he was asking you out :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

I was onto my BMW contact just now and he says that there's no release date for this in Ireland yet as they've yet to complete development of the one in Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can't wait to get my own PRAT accessory.

R.O.R wrote: »
    No Berty, I think he was asking you out :pac::pac:

Im unemployed so if anybody want's to buy me dinner Im up for it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Well I hope you're a cheap date, it is a recession after all. I can get you starter, mains and dessert from the euro saver menu if you like ?

Well I hope you're a cheap date, it is a recession after all. I can get you starter, mains and dessert from the euro saver menu if you like ?

Only if you don't mind me wearing a tracksuit and being rather flatulent. :D

EDITSh*t, just saw your logo for the Matchmaking website on boards.ie....................I've SAID ENOUGH HERE!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Anyone know what the VRT would be on an imported version?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

you got to love the German sense of humour... they are trying at least.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Why would you buy a blue one here when you could have a brand new yellow one from UK at the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

and i tought any non M, bmw car was a PRAT accessory :D

Advertisement