Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Concept car by Porsche

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Looks like the new VW Scirrocco.....which is not a good thing!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

fecking ugly looking yoke........

looks to be in very early stages of concept... wonder if it will ever go into production.... god i hope not looking like that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw a couple of cars looking at it so its likely just brand comfortable.

I saw

a VW Polo Rear
    Audi A3-esque rear
    Opel Astra front
    Isignia side

That's not the important matter though. This car will be the new Prius of LA and will likely replace that damn, and possibly dangerous, Toyota.

200km is not bad for a CITY CAR however unscrupuluos dealers will sell it as ANYTHING. I have a Smart Car out my way and a Peugeot 107 around my way and both cars are supposed to be city cars with low top speeds, gear ratios all over the place and tyres that will flip you over potholes and ditches.

I like it and I like the idea of it. It's nice to see Brand Leaders taking a positive and constructive approach to the future of motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The next Shanghai auto show is in 2011 ...this year it's in Bejing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I like the idea of fast Electric city cars, though I think this is some sort of lame hoax.

The Front is Porsche lights on a new Hyundai Coupe
    The rear is directly taken from a Scirrocco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,939 ✭✭✭✭unkel

920KG including batteries and 0-100km/h in 4s?

Interesting figures those. I'm patiently waiting for more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Me thinks todays date might be relevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Can't believe anything today..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I like it :D but i do like the scirrocco it knocks off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Berty wrote: »
    I saw a couple of cars looking at it so its likely just brand comfortable.

I saw

a VW Polo Rear
    Audi A3-esque rear
    Opel Astra front
    Isignia side
    snip

Maybe that's cause its a big pile of April Fool's photoshop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

enda1 wrote: »
    Maybe that's cause its a big pile of April Fool's photoshop?

I considered that but it's a lot of work for April Fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

It doesn't sound like something Porsche would do to me, but despite the possibility of it being a joke, I like it! :)

The front looks sweet and the back looks exactly like a Scirrocco, which I like for some reason. :)

Jesus, just noticed the link to the Aston Martin Cygnet at the bottom of the page....
    Now THAT looks like an April Fools (despite it being nearly a month old).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Fake or not, I like it :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement