Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct due last week!!

Options
  • 31-03-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies mods if this has been done to death already. Was just popping my new tax disk into my car there when i realised that my nct expired on the 26th of March this year. I have to drive to cork tomorrow. Will i be okay to book it tomorrow and just carry whatever confirmation i get from them of my booking with me, should that be enough to prevent getting 5 PPs if i get stopped?

Any what happended to the nct crowd notifying you of a test? do they not have to do that anymore?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Done to death. They will backdate your NCT to the date it was due. I did one 18 months late and had to do another 6 months later.

There's a lot of demand since the Guards started enforcing so don't expect to get an appointment anytime soon.

Keep the appointment details in the car in case you're stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The NCT do not send out notifications anymore, it is up to the registered owner of the car to know when the car is due it's NCT and book the test.

To answer your other question, once you have your booking confirmation you should be fine imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

ksimpson wrote: »
    There's a lot of demand since the Guards started enforcing so don't expect to get an appointment anytime soon.

My sister rang NCT centre in Ballymun on Monday to book her NCT she was given a choice of dates and times this week and next so no waiting list there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Glyni wrote: »
    My sister rang NCT centre in Ballymun on Monday to book her NCT she was given a choice of dates and times this week and next so no waiting list there.

Good to hear that it's getting back to normal. I booked one for my father in law in May last year and the earliest I could get was September 1 in Drogheda. I couldn't get a date at all in Ballymun.

I don't think they are very good at managing cancellations. When we went up to Drogheda, they were sitting twiddling their thumbs. We were in an out in 10 mins.

Advertisement