Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business networking meetings

Options
  • 31-03-2010 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Im looking at setting up a networking club in the D15 area.No membership fees just pay as you attend and the money just covers the room rental.The meetings will take place between the hours 7-8am as to not disrupt the working day.The idea is that there will only be one of each profession ie one plumber,accountant,web designer etc.Each person will introduce themselves state their business type and explain the type of service they offer the idea being that we will refer work to each other.Ive been to other groups and they do work the only drawback is that they charge a fairly big membership fee.

If you would be interested email me at: PM me with your profession etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LauraOrlagh

Great idea.. I would come and join you except I'm in Limerick and you're in Dublin! But best of luck with that anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Part of the reason for the big membership fee is that someone recruits and organises the event. Someone will have a big admin headache. Note that BNI say minimum of 20 people needed to make it work and ideally 30-40.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Select

conolan wrote: »
    Part of the reason for the big membership fee is that someone recruits and organises the event. Someone will have a big admin headache. Note that BNI say minimum of 20 people needed to make it work and ideally 30-40.
    Good luck.
    Thanks,As i said in my first comment,im a fan of the whole networking idea i believe it works all im trying to do is eliminate the high costs in order to get rid of the thought that its a scam of some sort.I think the B.N.I. make quite a few euro by doing the same thing,im not in it for the money i just want to expand my business as an electrical contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Hi - my partner is a Handyman and would be interested in hearing more - you can PM me if you like or give more info on here as things progress. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Maybe you're on to something, as a not-for-profit (but expenses covered) event, I think alot of people, including me, would be interested.

• Advertisement

billybunty wrote: »
    Hi - my partner is a Handyman and would be interested in hearing more - you can PM me if you like or give more info on here as things progress. Thanks
    Great email me at select@ireland.com is he a sole trader, insured?

Poly wrote: »
    Maybe you're on to something, as a not-for-profit (but expenses covered) event, I think alot of people, including me, would be interested.
    Cool email me at select@ireland.com with your profession and ill mark you down and be in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Apologies in advance if I've got you wrong but...

Select are you and IrishFeller the same person? You'd need to give more information, because on the face of it, you two look like the same person. and you've created a new username just to post this across multiple forums. More information would make you more credible IMO.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054900456
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=11402426

I know of one group who does this to help each other out. Its quite a mix of people though with different trades. So could you give more details of what you are thinking of? Is it mainly web/software and how would you see it working.

BostonB wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if I've got you wrong but...

Select are you and IrishFeller the same person? You'd need to give more information, because on the face of it, you two look like the same person. and you've created a new username just to post this across multiple forums. More information would make you more credible IMO.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054900456
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=11402426

I know of one group who does this to help each other out. Its quite a mix of people though with different trades. So could you give more details of what you are thinking of? Is it mainly web/software and how would you see it working.
    No were not the same person. Ill PM you the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kelticweb

I like that idea...been to BNI and the fees put me off...

Another aspect also put me off was the weekly meets, I would think a monthly one would be more beneficial as many could go to meets and receive no leeds and get disheartened and stop turning up.

If done monthly, people could easily manage that diary-wise.

I'm web design and software if that gap ain't filled...:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement