Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband and voip down - celbridge

Options
  • 31-03-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Evening all.
    Anybody else experiencing issues with UPC broadband and voip?
    Modem dropped connection and multiple reboots have not worked.

Getting a DS and US light but nothing else. Tech support not much help and have logged a call for the 6th - "closed for the bank holiday weekend and doing major upgrades" - beware!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

UPC down for two days here, engineer coming out in the morning (Dublin).

Was down a few weeks ago also (engineer came out then too) but that was supposedly for reasons to do with maintenance in the area and ended up resolving itself. Probably the same issue this time, we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yep went down for me in D16 for about an hour. Just came back. Not sure if its maintenance or some major fault. Good luck getting through to UPC tomorrow to find out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Also experiencing some intermittment reliability of connection with UPC in Celbridge.

Like many I've been having the 'lack of speed' issues in the evenings but usually my connection has been 'rock solid'.

I think its only gone down a couple of times in 17 months before the upgrades in Jan 2010. However over the last week, my connection has dropped at least 3 or 4 times requiring modem reboots to get going again.

Usually I can see that the online light on the modem is not active, but this evening all lights on the modem were active & on constant. A reboot then just left the online light inactive. Came back a few mins ago.

UPC must be working on lines in the area I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Apparently they sent a signal Monday last week to make sure that there would never be a problem with their wireless etc.

On Tuesday I'd no wireless at all in the house, they suggested we do all the powering down stuff. On Monday this week the engineer came and fixed the problem - which was I originally had a modem with a built in router - the engineer said this was causing the problem. I now have a modem and a router which solved the problem (they installed it and everything).

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Just a update to let you know the issue has resolved itself - for now.

Lets see how their upgrade goes at the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement