Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the R106 Swords/Malahide Road

Options
  • 31-03-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Just looking through the local paper earlier and noticed a notice (as you do :P ) about new roadsigns and it got me thinking about this upgrade. I live right on top of it and use it every day - there was talk ages ago of an upgrade but apparently the funding dissapeared.

I emailed Alan Farrell about it today (and will follow suit with other councilors) asking for an update but a stumbling block I found that isn't really his remit is that there was a proposal and plans drawn up but I can't find them on the Fingal Coco website. I found meeting minutes about it:

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=34300

but no actual plans.

Just wondering if anyone ever came across them or if anyone has heard anything more of late?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

sdonn wrote: »
    Just looking through the local paper earlier and noticed a notice (as you do :P ) about new roadsigns and it got me thinking about this upgrade. I live right on top of it and use it every day - there was talk ages ago of an upgrade but apparently the funding dissapeared.

I emailed Alan Farrell about it today (and will follow suit with other councilors) asking for an update but a stumbling block I found that isn't really his remit is that there was a proposal and plans drawn up but I can't find them on the Fingal Coco website. I found meeting minutes about it:

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=34300

but no actual plans.

Just wondering if anyone ever came across them or if anyone has heard anything more of late?

Ask your councillor to check the Transportation Capital Programme. I would say with the freeze on development levies, you wont see an upgrade anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Is this the road with Waterside on it?

Its in an awful state between the pavilions roundabout all the way down to the first set of traffic lights on that road. Needs attention badly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Elliee wrote: »
    Is this the road with Waterside on it?

Its in an awful state between the pavilions roundabout all the way down to the first set of traffic lights on that road. Needs attention badly IMO.

Yup, in a right state altogether. A pedestrian will be killed on it soon if nothing's done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Duly responded to your email.

The approach and design of this project was approved and adopted in 2008 including road widening, cycle track and footpaths for both sides of the road.

The total cost of the project was estimated at €2.5m in 2008.

Funding for the project was withdrawn by the Department of Finance as we had not entered into contracts with a road builder before the budget in 2008. It should be noted that the funding was already with the council as it was not income from central taxation, but local development levies and commercial rates.

All these locally generated monies were subsumed into national coffers.

Advertisement