Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of Bets

Options
  • 31-03-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

N.Bendtner to score 1st v Barcelona @ 13/2 - 4 points

This big lad can pose problems to a defense which has performed badly under certain circumstances. Barcelona were in trouble against Stuttgart in the away leg and were lucky to escape with a 1-1 draw. Bendtner is a man who can pop up with critical goals, with good delivery from people like Arshavin, who should demolish the defensively weak yet attackingly strong Dani Alves. Bendtner has scored some very important goals recently, against Porto and Hull, and is more than capable of doing the same here.

Arsenal v Barcelona to finish 2-2 @ 12/1 - 2 points

Similar to Barcelona, Arsenal too don't have the most spectacular defence in the world. The emphasis from both sides should be on attractive, flowing football and I believe that there are goals in both sides. Abidal and Pique are both struggling for fitness too, which increases my belief that we will see a high scoring game, with my verdict going towards the draw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Good luck with that. Nice little write-up but I really don't rate Bendtner at all. Not saying it's a bad bet or otherwise...I just realy don't see what Arsenal fans see in him. I reckon I could score twenty goals a season for Arsenal with the service he gets...a top striker like Torres would probably bag 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Collie D wrote: »
    Good luck with that. Nice little write-up but I really don't rate Bendtner at all. Not saying it's a bad bet or otherwise...I just realy don't see what Arsenal fans see in him. I reckon I could score twenty goals a season for Arsenal with the service he gets...a top striker like Torres would probably bag 40

I definetly see what you are saying, he is enigmatic to say the least, but I believe that he can shine in certain games, such as tonight. If not, so be it. I shall throw up my reactions at half time and full time

N.Bendtner to score 1st v Barcelona @ 13/2 - 4 points

This big lad can pose problems to a defense which has performed badly under certain circumstances. Barcelona were in trouble against Stuttgart in the away leg and were lucky to escape with a 1-1 draw. Bendtner is a man who can pop up with critical goals, with good delivery from people like Arshavin, who should demolish the defensively weak yet attackingly strong Dani Alves. Bendtner has scored some very important goals recently, against Porto and Hull, and is more than capable of doing the same here.

Return = 0 Points

Arsenal v Barcelona to finish 2-2 @ 12/1 - 2 points

Similar to Barcelona, Arsenal too don't have the most spectacular defence in the world. The emphasis from both sides should be on attractive, flowing football and I believe that there are goals in both sides. Abidal and Pique are both struggling for fitness too, which increases my belief that we will see a high scoring game, with my verdict going towards the draw

Return = 26 Points

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nice one

Collie D wrote: »
    Nice one

Cheers mate.

• Advertisement

Shell Houston Open Golf

Hunter Mahan to win @ 22/1 - 1 point

He won the Waste Management Phoenix Open earlier this year, which will provide him with confidence. Mahan's four starts here include a fifth, a sixth and an 11th, showing that he has proven success on this course and will be determined to put in a good performance the week before the first major of the year.

Martin Kaymer to win @ 25/1 - 1 point

He tied for 3rd at the WGC-CA, which is just a step below a major, and is in hot form. Now at 8th in the world rankings, you can be sure that Kaymer will be there or thereabouts come Sunday night.

Paul Casey to win @ 12/1 - 1 point

Not a golfer I usually back but hard to overlook considering his recent form which includes four top -10 finishes from four starts, one of those being a second in the WGC-Accenture. He, like Kaymer finished highly on the leaderboard in the WGC-CA, finishing 6th. Lastly, his course record is quite good, and is coincedentally the defending champion. I'm sure he will be pulling out all the stops to defend his crown.

*** Paul Casey withdrew today because of injury and is doubtful for the masters. Just the two lads then ***

Ruud Van Nistelrooy to score 1st v Standard Liege @ 7/2 - 2 points

Well what is there to say about a man who has scored over 300 career goals, including 3 goals from 3 starts for Hamburg. The last thing to leave a player is their instinct and finishing, and Van Nistelrooy has both of those attributes in abundance. Hamburg have scored 2 or more goals in 4 of their last 5 games, and Van Nistelrooy has managed to form a good partnership with Marcus Berg. Captain Steven Defour is a huge loss for Standard, but they still do have quality in their ranks. I invisage this game to be a tight affair, but Hamburg, despite their problems at the moment, should edge it with Van Nistelrooy 1st on the scoresheet

Return = 0 points

Edin Dzeko to score 1st v Fulham @ 6/1 - 2 points

There are doubts over this mans fitness and if he doesn't play it will be a huge loss for Wolfsburg. I firmly believe that this man is one of the best in Europe. He has 59 goals to his name over last season and this one so far, and is the spearhead of the Wolfsburg attack. He has no issues in scoring away from home, as shown by his great goal against Manchester United earlier this season. I think that Fulham are beginning to suffer from fatigue and this can be exploited by a Wolfsburg side with great attacking talent in their ranks. Look to players such as Musimovic to supply the big man, and to end the fairytale chapter in Fulhams history

Return = 0 points

Half Time =

Dzeko not looking overly threatening v Fulham

Van Nistelrooy on the scoresheet but unfortunately not 1st, disappointing, but thats the risk when taking 1st goalscorer rather than anytime

Neither up tonight, will have one horse tomorrow if anything, will have a few more selections up on Friday night, including Berba possibly

Okay, Saturday bets here.

Fourfold @ 75/1 - 1 point

Reading under their new manager are a joy to behold and are my outside tip for promotion. They have 2 games in hand and if those are converted to 6 points then they will be within touching distance of the play-offs. Shane Long has found his form and they have a very energetic team. Ipswich meanwhile, are the scorn of many a gambler. They are poor across the field and Roy Keane's managerial credentials are very much up in the air.

2. QPR to win v Sheffield Wednesday

Look to the Neil Warnock effect for reasoning here. Sheffield Weds are poor, and can be exploited by players such as the talented Abel Tarrabt.

3. Bolton to draw v Aston Villa

Can't see any other outcome here. Aston Villa are tired and there is new speculation regarding Martin O'Neills position. They are coming off the back of a 7-1 slaughter and will not relish playing Bolton at the Reebok. Bolton, despite their defeat to Man Utd, put in good performances accross the pitch and are slowly coming to terms with Owen Coyle. Players like Wilshere and Muamba can help the Trotters secure a share of the spoils.

4. Hull to win v Stoke

It is quickly becoming the biggest myth in football that Stoke are great at home. Since the turn of the year, they have been far from it. Their last home win came in February, and they have just 2 points from their last 4 home games. Hull will be inspired by their win last week and the turmoil at West Ham. They also have Jimmy Bullard and more than enough physical strength to match the Potters.
    I am most concerned about this selection out of the 4 but still feel that Hull can steal the 3 points.

Anytime Goalscorers @ (Will Post Later) - 1 Point

Carlos Tevez vs Burnley - Cant stop scoring
    Hugo Rodallega vs Fulham - The league is over for Fulham really, and this man looks bright
    Nani vs Chelsea - Scored last time he played against Chelsea, my most improved player this season

Dimitar Berbatov to score 1st v Chelsea @ 5/1 - 2 points

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Okay, Saturday bets here.

Fourfold @ 75/1 - 1 point

Reading under their new manager are a joy to behold and are my outside tip for promotion. They have 2 games in hand and if those are converted to 6 points then they will be within touching distance of the play-offs. Shane Long has found his form and they have a very energetic team. Ipswich meanwhile, are the scorn of many a gambler. They are poor across the field and Roy Keane's managerial credentials are very much up in the air.

2. QPR to win v Sheffield Wednesday

Look to the Neil Warnock effect for reasoning here. Sheffield Weds are poor, and can be exploited by players such as the talented Abel Tarrabt.

3. Bolton to draw v Aston Villa

Can't see any other outcome here. Aston Villa are tired and there is new speculation regarding Martin O'Neills position. They are coming off the back of a 7-1 slaughter and will not relish playing Bolton at the Reebok. Bolton, despite their defeat to Man Utd, put in good performances accross the pitch and are slowly coming to terms with Owen Coyle. Players like Wilshere and Muamba can help the Trotters secure a share of the spoils.

4. Hull to win v Stoke

It is quickly becoming the biggest myth in football that Stoke are great at home. Since the turn of the year, they have been far from it. Their last home win came in February, and they have just 2 points from their last 4 home games. Hull will be inspired by their win last week and the turmoil at West Ham. They also have Jimmy Bullard and more than enough physical strength to match the Potters.
    I am most concerned about this selection out of the 4 but still feel that Hull can steal the 3 points.

Those bets didn't work out too well then!:p

• Advertisement

Still 16 Points in Profit.
    Been a while but I like to take a break after some losing bets.
    Anyway, tonight.

Goran Pandev to score 1st vs Barcelona @ 8/1 - 3 points

Can only see an Inter win here. Barcelona have struggled on their travels and have only managed draws with Stuttgart and a woeful Arsenal outfit. I see Pandev getting on the scoresheet tonight He is Macedonias top scorer of all time, and can exploit who I have previously stated is a defensively weak Dani Alves. There is a niggle of suspicion in my mind that Balotelli could get the nod over him, seeing as he played very well after coming on for Pandev against Juventus. Despite this, I intend to keep faith with the tricky forward/winger

Profit slowly whittling away now only 13 points in Profit
    Analysis was accurate enough with regards to the match outcome all the same. Hope somebody threw down on a very tasty 15/2 for Inter -1.

Anyway, might have a small punt on Punchestown today, will see how it goes.

Olic to score 1st v Lyon @ 5/1 - 3 points

Reasoning to follow later...

Sorry its late but:

Atletico Madrid (-1) v Fulham - 10 points

Advertisement