Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA at DBS

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    I am interested in doing a Masters next year and was looking at an MBA in Project Management at DBS. I am working for 4 years and have a Degree in Engineering from DCU. Few queries if anyone can advise me:
    -Has anyone any info on doing an MBA at DBS and is it a worthwhile course?
    -I was mainly attracted to DBS because of the cost of the MBA in comparison to some of the universities. Universities seem to put a lot of emphasis on having management experience before doing an MBA whereas with DBS it does not seem to be as big an issue. Is there any major downfalls to having an MBA from DBS rather than forking out around double the €€ for the likes of UCD.?
    -Should I wait and gain more work exp?
    -I am hoping this type of course will open up the possibility of working outside Engineering in the future without going back to do a full Degree. Would this be foolish thinking?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

I'm not that qualified to offer an opinion but here goes...I would say try and do your MBA somewhere more prestigious and well know to be honest, especially if you want to travel with it. I mean DBS means nothing to the head of Pfizer I'm guessing. I know the costs are high but I am assuming it is well worth the cost. And I'm sure TCD's AND UCD's MBA tuition fees are at probably not the most expensive, compared to European and American MBAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 000sparks000

ek82 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am interested in doing a Masters next year and was looking at an MBA in Project Management at DBS. I am working for 4 years and have a Degree in Engineering from DCU. Few queries if anyone can advise me:
    -Has anyone any info on doing an MBA at DBS and is it a worthwhile course?
    -I was mainly attracted to DBS because of the cost of the MBA in comparison to some of the universities. Universities seem to put a lot of emphasis on having management experience before doing an MBA whereas with DBS it does not seem to be as big an issue. Is there any major downfalls to having an MBA from DBS rather than forking out around double the €€ for the likes of UCD.?
    -Should I wait and gain more work exp?
    -I am hoping this type of course will open up the possibility of working outside Engineering in the future without going back to do a full Degree. Would this be foolish thinking?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, in the same boat myself! trying to make up my mind, MBA in DCU, UCD, DBS etc.............. how did you get on? Decided yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ek82

No, unfortunately not. Most people seem to of the view of the above post, that DBS MBA would not really receive good recognition outside of Ireland. Doubt I could afford to do it elsewhere at the moment. I will go to the DBS open day at the start of May and see if they can convince me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Soundskin1

Hi ek82,

Im deciding where to do my MBA next September.
    Can you tell me where you decided to go after?

If you went to DBS can you tell me how its going? And job prospects?

Appreciate any help

Advertisement