Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€10 to €15k cash budget for a family car

Options
  • 31-03-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Im in the market for a new family car. I have two children already, and one on the way. So in the back seat will be one booster, one car seat and one 12yo.

Im looking for a diesel, preferably around 2ltr to pull around the family caravan:D. Low on tax, if at all possible. If not low on tax, not above €576 which is my car tax bill on my current car. Big boot, would consider 7 seater.

I have looked at the new Hyundai ix35 and although its out of my price range (€28,250) I could afford to get a loan of the extra but I dont want to go down that road just yet until I see what the second hand options are. The tax is only €302 on the ix35 and its a 2Ltr diesel, but I cant help but feel as Im being ripped off with buying a new car. I hate the way there is a set price and its the same with every dealer, is that not price fixing??? (anyway thats a whole other thread). And of course there is no budge on the price.

I currenlty have a Renault Laguna 1.9 diesel which is great on the diesel.

Any recommendations??

Mac

Comments

Advertisement