Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneaking into random lectures??

Options
  • 31-03-2010 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey so I'm a 6th Year and I'm not sure what i want to do in college( it's narrowed down to a few areas...kind of). So anyhoo do you think anyone would notice if I "accidentally" wandered into the back row of a few on the larger-sized lectures?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

once its not like a medicial pratical, no

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah you'll be grand. A lot of first year lectures have nearly 200 people to a class and even for the smaller lectures, you always get the odd person who shows up once a year so no-one bats an eyelid.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Yeah you'll be grand. with only two weeks of lectures left if you're lucky you'll find yourself in summary lectures which will nicely describe the year for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Pretty sure you can get into all the course timetables from the TCD portal...is that right? Or else just wander into any of the big theaters in the Arts block 1st floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Pretty sure you can get into all the course timetables from the TCD portal...is that right? Or else just wander into any of the big theaters in the Arts block 1st floor.

I was able to at the start of the year, but now it just brings me to my own course's timetable.

Also, the portal can only be accessed by students anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

What's the portal?
    Apparently if you ask in advance though you're usually allowed into a lecture so i could just do that... Well, never mind that but do you think I could get a good feeling for the place just by walking around the campus?
    Last time I was there was the open day when the place was empty except for other 6th year students which wasn't the best indication of how it usually is I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

once its not like a medicial pratical, no
    Ah, you say that but... Someone I know paid the Anatomy dept a visit during his first lectures week in first year and joined the JF med's anatomy class which were looking at cadavers. He was starting science, so he had the required lab coat. It sounded suprisingly easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I've got a lab coat >.> <.< ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

Oh wow well that's not a lecture I'd want to crash :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Ah, you say that but... Someone I know paid the Anatomy dept a visit during his first lectures week in first year and joined the JF med's anatomy class which were looking at cadavers. He was starting science, so he had the required lab coat. It sounded suprisingly easy to do.

It is surprising. For all their bluster and strict-sounding signs, they should really be stricter in the Anatomy Dept. We're given clear plastic ID badge things in which to put our student cards, to be worn at all times in the dissection room, but no one ever checks it or cares if we don't. You can simply ask to borrow a lab coat from the technician's office. Attendance is never taken. Quite sloppy really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

You'd easily get into any of my economics / organisation and management / programming lectures without the lecturer knowing or caring, loads of people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

As long as you don't decide it would be hilarious to get stoned with your "mates" and play a game of "bollocks" during the lecture :mad::mad::mad:,you'll be fine.

I myself attended a good few trinity lectures before i decided what to put down on my CAO form :).

Advertisement