Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide library

Options
  • 31-03-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Today (due to the horrible weather we are expreincing at the moment) I decided that I would study in my local library rather then head all the way into town. I am a third level student, sitting my finals in less then three weeks.
    After spending nearly two hours doing work, I needed to use the toilet. The main library toilet was out of order so I asked if there was one I could use (not a big request in my opinion). I was told to go to the third floor and ask the citizen information centre if I could use theirs...but there was no toilet paper and no one offered me any tissues! When I inquired about getting some the blame was passed from one to another. I was totally unimpressed by this because it forced me to pack my things up to search for a loo in the village instead.

So beware of Malahide library! Rant over :P

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Perhaps suggest a new sign for their front door?

BYOB - Bring Your Own Bogroll....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I was never a fan of the new library. It should have had a big feeling of space but whatever they've done with it it feels really cramped.

I avoid it like the plague and when I'm in need of a library wait till I'm passing Blanch. I don't really study but if I did I'd need a PC so it's always at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thats a crap service;)
    Now that would really p**s me off;)

But you should do as Davy suggested and make a call, it is not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

That's not nice to hear. I will be sure to pass it onto the librarian for Malahide.

fingallibraries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

OP, when you say nobody offered you any tissues..did you ask the library staff or the CIC? The library staff may not have been aware that the CIC toilets had no paper. They are two completely separate organisations that happen to share a building. There is extra tissue held at the main lending desk in the library so if you had asked there you would have been given it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Yes I asked. Once I found out there was no tissue in the only working toilet, I asked where there any other toilets I could use (I presume there are staff facilities in the building) or any tissue.
    The reply was that it was the other sections problem not theirs (the citizen information centre and the library themselves).

Sinemo wrote: »
    Yes I asked. Once I found out there was no tissue in the only working toilet, I asked where there any other toilets I could use (I presume there are staff facilities in the building) or any tissue.

I would assume insurance concerns would prevent a member of the public using staff facilities. If you are using the CIC toilets the library staff would not be aware of their paper situation. Like I said, two separate organisations.
    Sinemo wrote: »
    The reply was that it was the other sections problem not theirs (the citizen information centre and the library themselves).

I find it very hard to believe that any member of staff would be that rude and tell you its not their problem. Also, who did you ask for tissue? The CIC? Like I said, there is toilet paper in the library which would have been given to you.

Sorry that you feel you had a bad experience all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Chinafoot wrote: »
    If you are using the CIC toilets the library staff would not be aware of their paper situation. Like I said, two separate organisations.

I find it very hard to believe that any member of staff would be that rude and tell you its not their problem. Also, who did you ask for tissue? The CIC? Like I said, there is toilet paper in the library which would have been given to you.

Sorry that you feel you had a bad experience all the same.

I was just saying what happened to me. I asked BOTH the library staff and the people in the CIC for tissue, and informed them BOTH of the lack of toilet paper. I understand that these organisations are separate, but what I have a problem with is NEITHER of these organisations took responsibility for the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

you have a brand new library with a jacks and all! lucky gits :p

i would advise against going to swords then, the nearest convenience is 10 mins away :eek:

• Advertisement

rock whore wrote: »
    you have a brand new library with a jacks and all! lucky gits :p

i would advise against going to swords then, the nearest convenience is 10 mins away :eek:

The garage isn't 10 minutes away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The garage isn't 10 minutes away :)

:D

Very good, thats using the noggin!

Advertisement