Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help

Options
  • 30-03-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm having problems completing my pokédex in Fire Red. I don't know how to get generation II exclusive pokemon (such as Chickorita) in my Fire Red game as both Ruby and Fire Red are incompatible with Gold or Crystal ?

In summary: How do I catch Chickorita in Fire Red ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm having problems completing my pokédex in Fire Red. I don't know how to get generation II exclusive pokemon (such as Chickorita) in my Fire Red game as both Ruby and Fire Red are incompatible with Gold or Crystal ?

One option is play though Emerald version until you get access the the Johto starters and choose one from there.

Another option is to play though Pokémon XD on the Gamecube and do the Mt.Battle challenge three times to get the special Johto starters from there and trade them into Fire Red.

Or option three, play through Pokemon Colloseum, snag the middle forms of the Johto starters, trade them into Fire Red and breed them with a Ditto for the base forms.

Option three is the easier in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Beat Emerald Catch every Pokémon in the Hoenn Dex in Emerald, and from there you are given a Johto starter by Prof. Birch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

If you really want to do it then as Buzz said, option 3, and if you don't have a gamecube, you might just have to Action Reply them in (On the plus side you can breed them with ditto to get some legit pokemon and then release the "hacked" ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If money is no object, you buy Emerald (10-20 quid on ebay depending on your timing and level of trust in seller), 2 wireless adapters (about a fiver each if you don't get them with the games) and 2 GBAs (10-20 quid or beg/borrow/steal from a friend). Play through either Emerald 3 times. Trade your starters into one cart.

I didn't say it was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Thomas-G wrote: »
    If you really want to do it then as Buzz said, option 3, and if you don't have a gamecube, you might just have to Action Reply them in (On the plus side you can breed them with ditto to get some legit pokemon and then release the "hacked" ones)
    Bear in mind the Wii plays Gamecube games, but you will need to track down a GC-GBA link cable to trade into the GBA game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Does that work on the Wii?
    Awesome Deluxe!

Advertisement