Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 8:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got/played this yet?

I was a massive fan of the show and was looking for a fix recently and stumbled across the game in GameStop but didnt buy it.

Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Melion wrote: »
    Has anyone got/played this yet?

I was a massive fan of the show and was looking for a fix recently and stumbled across the game in GameStop but didnt buy it.

Is it any good?

It got 3/10 on Eurogamer so at the moment it's not top of my wish list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

"A lazily cobbled-together, bargain basement piece of shovelware that deserves neither your time or money." - Strategy Informer

or..

"only for fans of the TV series" - Gaming XP. you'ra a fan of the TV show? then BUY ;-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ill give it a miss then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It came way too late. It would've done alright if they'd released it while the show was on, particularly during the first or second season. Now it can't escape its own mediocrity...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Same could be said for LOST: Via Domus

Not the best game by a long shot, not even canon, but I enjoyed just being able to walk around the locations in the show. The attention to detail throughout was very well done.

Can't say I enjoyed anything about Prison Break after season 1 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was a big fan of the show, so I picked this up.
    You know something? Its not great, but its not awful either. Very average, and definitely one that will probably be appreciated more by fans.

Pros:
    - The stealth sections (about 50% of the game) are good fun and pretty tense. Its got a good cover system and sneaking around is fun.
    - It has Ramin Djawadi's fantastic music from the TV show (theme tune plus incidental music)
    - It has some of the voice actors from the TV show (Dominic Purcell, Wentworth Miller, Amaury Nolasco, Wade Williams, Peter Stormare, Robert Knepper, Rockmund Dunbar)
    - Radar and Mirrors Edge-ish yellow trimmed fences, pipes etc. mean you're never stuck figuring out where to go.

Cons:
    - Fighting is horribly horribly broken.
    - Game is pretty short apparently.
    - Some characters look completely different to their TV counterparts (e.g. Charles Westmoreland looks like a different person).
    - Camera is a strange over-the-shoulder view for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just wondering has anyone actually played this game?

I was a huge fan of the TV show and never missed an episode. I know this game hasnt really got great reviews, but as a Prison Break fan, would it be worth playing (probably rent rather than buy). The idea is cool, being set in Fox River during Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

id rent it at a push...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Soby wrote: »
    id rent it at a push...

Yeah that's what i was thinking

Prison Break threads merged.

I've played it, its very short - only grab it if you can rent it or you can get it really cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Prob be on a similar level to the lost game

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

Great show poor game only put together to capitalise on the success of the show AVOID!.:mad:

Please don't dig up 2 year old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement