Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 mega bitch thread

Options
  • 30-03-2010 7:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭

why is there so many snipers in this game the majority of games you get into the majority of them do be snipers who sit and do noting when the comm stations do be getting attacked its so annoying the amount of games that are lost all because every one is too lazy to do anything about it :mad: and the other thing them medics who revive you in the middle of a shoot out bullets flying every where and your alive and dead again before you even get to fire your gun and at times there does be a sniper siting there picking you off every time some one revives u over and over again :mad: ahhhhhhh lol its driveing me nuts any one else have a rant they want to share...?

whats better..? 15 votes

assault
    0%
    medic
    26%
    [Deleted User]bongobeatanto kerrpotsy86 4 votes
    engineer
    53%
    super_furryprojectmayhemZarbonTheAmateurJames74Glico ManZero-Coolbongobeat 8 votes
    recon
    20%
    BArra[Deleted User]bongobeat 3 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

recon
    change ur class mid game, i know i do

if theirs loads of snipers ill change to recon, find a good spot and hunt down the enemy snipers

simples :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

medic
    BArra wrote: »
    change ur class mid game, i know i do

if theirs loads of snipers ill change to recon, find a good spot and hunt down the enemy snipers

simples :D

i mostly play wit assault the sniper problem is on the team i do be on nearly every one does be a sniper and im runnin around like a tick on me own while evry one hangs about doing noting its so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I am trying my hardest to get into this game but i just cant as you say half your team are straight away snipers so it cuts down the numbers actually fighting which means lots of running around trying to find someone then getting killed by a sniper you couldnt have possibly seen they are so far away.

medic
    I am trying my hardest to get into this game but i just cant as you say half your team are straight away snipers so it cuts down the numbers actually fighting which means lots of running around trying to find someone then getting killed by a sniper you couldn't have possibly seen they are so far away.

awh its unreal aint it ya'd wanna be some sort of chuck Norris to do well in some of the games ya get in ya just get taken out from everywhere :(chuck_norris_toilet_paper2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

I play recon time to time, but I play assault most of the time, and I guess the key is to act like a recon even if you are an assault class - that is, always take cover, and if you had to go into the open to take a base etc, just keep moving in random directions or from cover to cover, which makes it impossible for snipers to pick you out.

• Advertisement

medic
    positron wrote: »
    I play recon time to time, but I play assault most of the time, and I guess the key is to act like a recon even if you are an assault class - that is, always take cover, and if you had to go into the open to take a base etc, just keep moving in random directions or from cover to cover, which makes it impossible for snipers to pick you out.

but there is all ways some one some where who sees you or comes behind
    you and gets you aswell staying from cover to cover youll get no where regards ranking up evrything be grand if people changed out fits and did some team work not sitting around doing noting still a way better game then MW2

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

engineer
    anto kerr wrote: »
    ... any one else have a rant they want to share...?

Sometimes my eyes get scratchy when I play for too long.....:confused:

Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

My internet keeps dropping, so I haven't played it in a while :(

medic
    James74 wrote: »
    Sometimes my eyes get scratchy when I play for too long.....:confused:

Does that count?

u mean itchy....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

engineer
    anto kerr wrote: »
    u mean itchy....:P

My five year would beg to differ...;)

• Advertisement

medic
    James74 wrote: »
    My five year would beg to differ...;)
    :confused:

recon
    The battalions of medics with m60's with scopes absolutely wreck my head. I hate the m60 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

After the crap i had to put up with in mw2 it doesnt seem so bad,
    If it happens me i usually just leave the squad and look for a new one.

Recon is the only class i have maxed out yet i try but i hate sniping i equip a riffle on it and run around pew pewing

medic
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    After the crap i had to put up with in mw2 it doesnt seem so bad,
    If it happens me i usually just leave the squad and look for a new one.

Recon is the only class i have maxed out yet i try but i hate sniping i equip a riffle on it and run around pew pewing

iv all my class's maxed out workin on maxin out the guns now M16A2 platinum so far will take ages to max out the sniper rifels which one are you finding better i was useing the gol for a while but have switched back to M24 and found it a lot better for snipeing

Had a game last night half the team where snipers 4 where in tanks/ jeeps and 1 had the copper. That left me the only one actually fighting against you guessed it 2 other guys on the ground and we just got no where you would spawn run a bit get hit by 1 of the 6 snipers and spawn again. Pointless game.

medic
    just out of a game there it lasted about 60 seconds like why put me in such a pointless game before i could even get one kill i was taken down within seconds of spawning 4 times its ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

i hate when shooty thing come at me b4 i can shooty thing back ..also copter crashes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

The thing is with the multiplayer maps in some, if not all cases, is that they're bloody massive! For example play Rush in Africa Harbour as an attacker and you start three miles down the road from the first M-Com station!

In the big maps the natural tendency of most people is to grab a sniper rifle as it gives you more range & you cover a much bigger part of the map. Since most of the maps are big anyway then the game is bound to be full of snipers.

Personally I've not played as a sniper yet, I prefer the engineer and the assault classes. I have played a few games (rush mostly) where I spawn, run around a corner and *bang*, sniper gets me. That's irritating but it hasn't happened enough to drive me up the wall yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

enemy snipers = me going on long runs = flanking = Knifing = Dog Tags for me :D

Simple !

too many snipers on my team = me getting out tracer dart = shoot it in my snipers head = he cant see properly= stops him camping .:D

Simple !

• Advertisement

medic
    mixednuts wrote: »
    too many snipers on my team = me getting out tracer dart = shoot it in my snipers head = he cant see properly= stops him camping .:D

Simple !

hahahaha thats gas but ya sure they cant see im goin try that later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

engineer
    mixednuts wrote: »

Simple !

Does that work? I would have said putting up smoke in front of them would be more effective. I tend to find getting a helicopter (because I'm an elite pilot) and parking it in front of them forces them to get in and do some proper work...

Does that work? I would have said putting up smoke in front of them would be more effective. I tend to find getting a helicopter (because I'm an elite pilot) and parking it in front of them forces them to get in and do some proper work...

Love it !

Well i remember when I was having a laugh with some friends that when i you get hit in the face with a tracer dart it keeps flashing in your line of sight .

I sometimes get infuriated with camping snipers (e.g) we had attackers down to 8 tickets when they managed to plant at a MCOM station .Whilst I was defusing I got wacked , in my kill cam their was one of our camping snipers at the top of the stairs (arica harbour /2 stage /bravo) still sniping whist at the bottom of the steps the MCOM bomb went off ??
    I am sure the neighbors heard me screaming .

As i said before ...why do 99% of Recon think they are Snipers ?

Smoke is underrated , if your team is getting Sniped get a Assault Class to do nothing but sit and keep smoking a particular area , and keep resupply themselves .

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

engineer
    I have noticed a big increase in new/crappy players :/ Nevermind Recon being lazy, I've found that alot of players, nomatter their class, play Rush like Deathmatch and put little to no effort into disarming bombs...

Another thing, other than the Blackhawk (I think its called) the other Helicopters are overpowered. Well in the hands of a decent pilot anyway. If you don't hit with a rocket launcher or tank turret, which you should never be able to do against a good pilot, you won't stop it. Another thing is when the rest/most of your team will ignore it even though they keep getting killed by it. I'm running around as an Engineer trying to shoot it down alone while the rest waste reinforcements...

Had one gimp in MAG doing something similar 3 guys up in a tower cutting us apart every time we rounded a corner so after them killing 2 or 3 waves of us i whip out the sniper rifle start picking them off. Next thing some dope is standing in front of me telling me to stop camping that he hates people that camp and that we need to keep pushing up (even though everyone was getting cut apart doing that) i had 2 out of the 3 down and my own guy team kills me. Saying that he warned me about camping and that i should play it properly. I calmly explained to him that he was a retard and that everyone was getting killed following his orders running around that same corner all the time and that they had to be cleared out of the tower. I was still on the ground so i could see him running away as he was telling me that i was wrong that his tactic was the way to go he ran around the same corner and got shot down for the 4th time.

Ive no real problem with snipers as in a balanced team they can make the difference its just that battlefield isnt big enough for 2 snipers on each team never mind 5 or 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

engineer
    Next thing some dope is standing in front of me telling me to stop camping that he hates people that camp and that we need to keep pushing up (even though everyone was getting cut apart doing that) i had 2 out of the 3 down and my own guy team kills me. Saying that he warned me about camping and that i should play it properly.

What a moron. Tell him to join the army and get a clue about tactics. Run and gunning as a sniper isn't playing "properly". Thats not your role, thats what a loner would do. MAG isn't MW2...

Zarbon wrote: »
    What a moron. Tell him to join the army and get a clue about tactics. Run and gunning as a sniper isn't playing "properly". Thats not your role, thats what a loner would do. MAG isn't MW2...

and the thing is i wasnt a sniper at all during the game it was just after getting pinned down by the guys in the tower i had to swapmy load out as we couldnt get near them.

Zarbon wrote: »

Good Sniping is a great bonus to have in any game .
    I dont know much about MAG , but in BFBC2 there is plenty to do in the Recon class (Spotting , Mortor , communicate etc etc) but these same campers I was on about earlier do none of the above .
    You could be in a game with 8 sniping yet not one is spotting , or have headsets to communicate .
    Sitting beside a armed bomb and doing nothing is just wrong , regardless of class.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah, Recon mortar is great to take out charges in Rush mode - you need a clear line of sight to the the enemy base and you are business!

I see one of the recon weapons at the end has a 'sniper sensor'? This could get interesting, because all recons will have enemy recons on their case straightaway...!

Tuesday evening, I was defending Varparaiso (sp?) in rush mode with random strangers, and the other team was extremely well coordinated, and they took out three bases in like 2 minutes. On the fourth base, we took our stance, and I got the machine gun by the window near Station B (if anyone remember that map). When the slaughter began, it was great fun spotting and popping people, and I think I shot down their chopper thrice and UAVs twice! By the time we won, I had two 6 kill-streaks and I was killed just once!

I love this game (when everything goes right..!)! :D

• Advertisement

medic
    positron wrote: »
    Yeah, Recon mortar is great to take out charges in Rush mode - you need a clear line of sight to the the enemy base and you are business!

I see one of the recon weapons at the end has a 'sniper sensor'? This could get interesting, because all recons will have enemy recons on their case straightaway...!

its just a waste really u dont need a spotter on ur gun to spot u just have to press select and it works wit any out fit not many ppl know of this but its great and the spot u use for the spotter can be used for the slugs simple..:D

Advertisement