Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isuzu D-Max Trooper Scrappage Deal

Options
  • 30-03-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so Ive decided im going to buy a new car, and i decided on the isuzu d-max because of the scrappage deal (7500 euro if you bring in an old isuzu trooper , which i conveniently have one for the knockdown price of .... free :D ) , but i need another 16 grand before i can actually buy the car, so want to see how much time i have to make 16 grand instead of loaning it from a bank, does anyone know how long the scrappage deal is going on for ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Could you get them to take the Sorento as a side deal?

Also make sure there isn't any clauses surrounding ownership of the trooper or its running

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

EPM wrote: »
    Could you get them to take the Sorento as a side deal?

Also make sure there isn't any clauses surrounding ownership of the trooper or its running

there isnt, running or not if it has a VIN number theyll take it :D the one i have has smashed windows and is missing the rear seats and its still ok ,

and no , but i have somebody wholl take it off me for 8k with 97k miles on it (hasnt got there yet, but im assuming ill have to keep it for 2 more months)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Ok so Ive decided im going to buy a new car, and i decided on the isuzu d-max because of the scrappage deal (7500 euro if you bring in an old isuzu trooper , which i conveniently have one for the knockdown price of .... free :D ) , but i need another 16 grand before i can actually buy the car, so want to see how much time i have to make 16 grand instead of loaning it from a bank, does anyone know how long the scrappage deal is going on for ?

I'd only consider a D-MAX as a work vehicle. You couldnt use one as a normal day to day car. The ride and body control is shocking bad and there's no space in the back for anybody to sit. Added to the terrible mpg you'd really have to want one, or mores to the point need one to buy one. I remember the last time I drove one I couldnt stop laughing so out of control was the thing. Ideal for abusing though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they have ridiculous rear suspension to qualify for cheap VRT.
    Not up to the standards of a car, or most jeeps.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I'd only consider a D-MAX as a work vehicle. You couldnt use one as a normal day to day car. The ride and body control is shocking bad and there's no space in the back for anybody to sit. Added to the terrible mpg you'd really have to want one, or mores to the point need one to buy one. I remember the last time I drove one I couldnt stop laughing so out of control was the thing. Ideal for abusing though :D

took the loan of one from a garage for a few hours (a serious amount of talking and my credit card no as a deposit for that one) and drove it on the motorway, over speedbumps , round roundabouts, a not so great road between leixlip and maynooth and took a few corners at a decent speed , i was happy with it , a bit bouncy but not enough to annoy me , fount the front seats very comfortable and anyone below 6ft could easily sit in the back (also back seat passengers arent that common for my uses, and ****e legroom is better than illegally throwing them in the back of my current jeep(hypothetically ofcourse)) according to its dash instuments it was getting about 10L/100km and considering my current jeep gets 11-13L/100km i dont mind that :D

• Advertisement

took the loan of one from a garage for a few hours (a serious amount of talking and my credit card no as a deposit for that one) and drove it on the motorway, over speedbumps , round roundabouts, a not so great road between leixlip and maynooth and took a few corners at a decent speed , i was happy with it , a bit bouncy but not enough to annoy me , fount the front seats very comfortable and anyone below 6ft could easily sit in the back (also back seat passengers arent that common for my uses, and ****e legroom is better than illegally throwing them in the back of my current jeep(hypothetically ofcourse)) according to its dash instuments it was getting about 10L/100km and considering my current jeep gets 11-13L/100km i dont mind that :D

Where bouts are you buying it as a matter of interest? A buddy of mine sells them in http://www.monasterevinmotors.ie/contentv3/ ,just ask for Aidan. He talks like a culchie but he's really a dub :p

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Where bouts are you buying it as a matter of interest? A buddy of mine sells them in http://www.monasterevinmotors.ie/contentv3/ ,just ask for Aidan. He talks like a culchie but he's really a dub :p

wherevers cheapest or will give me the most discount for showing up with a lot of cash yet still living in a house with foundations instead of wheels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

wherevers cheapest or will give me the most discount for showing up with a lot of cash yet still living in a house with foundations instead of wheels :D

Try http://www.northdublincommercials.ie/isuzu.php - priced up a D-Max earlier in the year with them and there was a HUGE discount available. Whatever you do, don't bother with Harris on the Naas Road.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't bother with Harris on the Naas Road.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

+ 2 :D

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    Try http://www.northdublincommercials.ie/isuzu.php - priced up a D-Max earlier in the year with them and there was a HUGE discount available. Whatever you do, don't bother with Harris on the Naas Road.

indeed, already went there and pretty much laughed at the pricing , went to a garage in maynooth and he quoted me 1800 euro cheaper before i even started twisting his arm

Advertisement