Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameboy Micro

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I got a Gameboy Micro today. I saw one for the first time last week and thought that it looked cool. I am have bought couple of the Mario Advance games and Zelda: Link to the Past cheap on eBay. Looking forward to playing them.

I know it has a tiny screen but I have a long flight coming up in the next few weeks and it should keep me entertained. (I wonder what the battery is like on this one)

Anyone else have a Gameboy Micro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love mine. Have one of those special edition Famicom versions.

The screen is small but crystal clear. Great little machine. I use a flash card in it that takes Mini sds ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lovely bright screen, smaller than SP but much easier to see and a great D-pad. I have a green, blue and pink one. Brilliant little machine. I also own a "super"card which uses mini SD.

I get about 4 hours out of the micro I actually use, supposedly 8 hours on minimum brightness/sound is achievable out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've been tempted to get one for years, they look amazing. I only recall ever actually seeing one IRL once, the size amazed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Currently have 3 game boy micros, including one of the famicom ones. Went on a 60 mile round trip in Florida last simmer to pick it up in a remote gamestop location, was worth it though, was brand new and still sealed in the box :)

love the size of them, great for travelling. Last time I was on the plane one of the attendents took an interest, thought it must be a brand new gadget seeing as it was so small and compact :) shame it had such a short commercial lifespan, the DS really killed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Just remember this.....kinda want one now :pac:

Where'd be the best place to pick one up? Ebay, no? or elsewhere?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

They look interesting but its hard for it to compete with the DS. especially with mine loaded with games on the R4DS card. Great for long flights. I have a long flight in few months and the first pripority for flights is have the DS charged completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Just remember this.....kinda want one now :pac:

Where'd be the best place to pick one up? Ebay, no? or elsewhere?

:)

Brand new, boxed, green version for Eur50. The shop to find it in is Xtra Deal, Its in the square in Tallaght.

Advertisement