Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam periods are an actual disgrace

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I now this sounds like blaming my tools or whatever but I'm actually annoyed at the exam structure. My course has NO reading week, assignments only in second 'semester' if you can cal it that. its adisgrace. Just lookin at UCD they have a 2 week reading week in middle, two exam periods, and stil finish before us. they are used to studying because they have exams twice ayear. I'm struggling because I'm not used to studying. It really isnt right. Semesteriation has made things worse...like what a the point of it. have 11 90% exams over a 3weekeriod, its going to be tedious to the point of brutal! unnecessary. I would have been happy to do exams during the year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

HAD ME A BLA-AST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

cry-baby-girl-face-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

amacachi wrote: »
    [IMAGE]

Terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

amacachi wrote: »
    [IMAGE]

Chuckie without the make-up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'm struggling because I'm not used to studying cramming.

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Is there really a need to quote the image multiple times. Christ.

Anyway, OP, suck it up. You can always transfer to UCD if you think life will be that much easier in the auld polytechnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I now this sounds like blaming my tools or whatever but I'm actually annoyed at the exam structure. My course has NO reading week, assignments only in second 'semester' if you can cal it that. its adisgrace. Just lookin at UCD they have a 2 week reading week in middle, two exam periods, and stil finish before us. they are used to studying because they have exams twice ayear. I'm struggling because I'm not used to studying. It really isnt right. Semesteriation has made things worse...like what a the point of it. have 11 90% exams over a 3weekeriod, its going to be tedious to the point of brutal! unnecessary. I would have been happy to do exams during the year

You'd think so.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

While I agree semestarisation is absolute ****e, as is having no study week, you can't blame not having tests as an excuse to not study. Yes having exams does help as ur under pressure to study and have a reason to, but it's still not an excuse.

The SU are tryin to get Crimbo exams in next year and there having a referendum in April sometime. Let's hope they succeed anyway because I personely hate the way the year is run in TCD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

DanDan6592 wrote: »

The SU are tryin to get Crimbo exams in next year

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

I definately agree in that there should be more proportional distribution of student workload throughout the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The Walsho wrote: »
    HAD ME A BLA-AST
    I just got this, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Jammyc wrote: »
    I just got this, I think.

I wanted to mock. The OP's username is Summer Loving. I just went for it man.

glut22 wrote: »
    I definately agree in that there should be more proportional distribution of student workload throughout the year

But the Trinity would loose all it's character, it wouldnt be such a historic and prestigious university if it had an assessment scheme that made sense.

Fad wrote: »
    But the Trinity would loose all it's character, it wouldnt be such a historic and prestigious university if it had an assessment scheme that made sense.
    is this important to you when your drowning in a sea of assignments and pending exams in the second semester, and quite frankly a little bored in the first

is this important to you when your drowning in a sea of assignments and pending exams in the second semester, and quite frankly a little bored in the first

I <3 new people that assume I dont go to Belfield Tech :D

It was rhetorical question, and If you went there you probably wouldn't call it that. More like UCD,D.

It was rhetorical question, and If you went there you probably wouldn't call it that. More like UCD,D.

I had it on facebook as belfield polytech for a good while, it just confused people tbh :(

Advertisement