Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla - how much for brake discs & pads?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

I have a 2002 corolla, brakes making funny noise (always seem to be rubbing/grating).

Had to put a calliper on one of the back wheels last year, cost me over 500 quid :mad:

Took it to a local garage at the weekend as brakes were making an even weirder noise than usual (sounded as if there was metal scraping against metal or like there was a chain caught in the wheel). Noise gone by the time I got to garage. Guy looked at brakes and said that I should replace discs and pads with genuine toyota parts, that should sort it out.

Any idea what kind of cost I'd be talking about to get 2 or 4 discs & all the pads replaced? I'm not going to a main dealer, but do need toyota parts. Ball park figure even, am I talking more than 500?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

There is no reason you would need genuine Toyota parts, people seem to forget or don't realise that toyota or whoever don't make pads or any service parts for that matter.

Good quality front disks and pads would be in the region of about €200 fitted depending on the year/spec of the car.

Did he just look at them or did he actually remove the wheel and inspect them properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Bosch make the discs on modern Toyotas, well at least they make them for the Avensis anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

He just looked at them.

Ok, so its bosch that I'm looking for then do you think?

Problem is no garage is going to have time to drive it & wait for noise to come back etc., so of course its v possible that he just said get whole lot replaced just to get me out the door.

Not sure what to do next, really don't want to have to fit another brake caliper as they are so bloody expensive :(

Advertisement