Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Still no new VLC, How long should it take?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I bought a car off a garage on the 5th Feb, but i still haven't received my new VLC.
    Now, even though this is a fairly big garage on the Northside of Dublin, problems with them since, make me doubt whether they sent the old off to get the ownership changed into my name
    How long does it usually take to get the new VLC.

If they haven't sent it off and I now think that this garage has changed name where do I stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

chances are they didnt send it off.
    ALso, if they're a big garage they would be doing their changes of ownership online. If they do they would have a record of it.

Did you actually sign the VLC or did they say they'd take care of all that for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

I didn't sign the VLC, They said that they would send it off for me..
    If they didn't send it off and are now gone, where do I stand?
    I do have the form I received from them when buying the car which is stamped and outlines the sale etc

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if you contact the dept of the environment in shannon 061365000 they can give you some information. They can't give out specifics but they will usually tell you if the car is in a garages name or not. the garage should have done an RF134 (temp change into garage name) when the car was traded in.

In most cases, what happens is the previous owner doesn't bring in the VLC, the garage buries their head in the sand, and pretends to send off the form.

One interesting way of combatting this is to drive through the M50 toll a few times. there's nothing like unpaid tolls to get things moving on the change of ownership front.

Ring Shannon and see about the current owner first.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can check here if the ownership status has changed in the last 3 months, just type in your car's reg:

https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do;jsessionid=0aa0114830d87008e35c28b14390ae5ce2a8bcf907ec.e38PaNaSbhuOay0Lb3qSe0?page=welcome

My money would be on that the garage either misplaced the VLC, forgotten about it or the previous owner didn't give it to them and they hoping you will not follow up on it.

Advertisement