Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points for Arts in TCD

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of going to TCD next year. I'd like to know how many poijnts are needed to study Arts. I know all the points for different subject combinations are different but i'd just like to get a broad idea. I'm interesting in English and French, particularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/assets/pdfs/2009%20Final%20Minimum%20Entry%20Points.pdf

French and English Lit. (TR001) Two subject moderatorship was 530* last year. Anything combined with english is likely to be relatively high.

The lowest TR001 course points wise that I could see (last year at least) was Russian and German at 355.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Ugh. Trinity doesn't 'do' Arts. It does Humanities. If you want to sink into something you're indifferent to, go to UCD. If not, go to Trinity. Points are high for most courses, mainly because of the plethora of socially inept wealthy Dublinites who studied at one of the points manufacturing schools (Leeson st. etc.) but if you work hard enough you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Denerick, please keep your moaning to the appropriate thread

Advertisement