Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD wont read properly on Windows 7?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

I use a 500gb external HD to back up my music collection. Im now woking on a new pc that has windows 7. My previous PC had vista. When i open the HD on PC i can see all my movie and music files but when i open the folders the actual mp3, avi files are not there. On properties it says that the info is there i.e many gbs.

Can i retrieve these. I have given as much info as i can i think. nothing has worked i tried. ty in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

is there any chance the files are marked as hidden? Check the properties of the folders too, see how many files are listed!

Maybe use something like Disk Space Fan or OverDisk to see where they might be, or if you really think they're gone, you can try recovery utilities, like Recuva.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

of course i had somehow deleted them :rolleyes: and the recover worked perfect. very much appreciated.

Advertisement