Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bora Warning light

Options
  • 30-03-2010 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Can anyone help? I was on my way into work this morning and a warning light showed up on the dash. I originally thought it was the handbrake light but it is slightly different.

It is an amber circle with 3 broken lines around each side.. am terrified it could be my brakes and am worried about getting home. Is there any chance this could be weather related?

Any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Sounds like the brakes from your description.

I had that light come on before on my old passat and I was looking it up, seems to be the ABS module. The light came on when we had the very cold weather a couple of months ago and there was lots of snow on the road.

However the next time I started it up the light stayed off. I tested the ABS too and it was working fine.

Check and see when you drive it next, if the light stays on bring it to a mechanic and get the fault code read. If it doesn't appear again you should be ok, just make sure and check your brakes for wear etc too, you don't want to take chances with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 loraphelan

Thanks Paul, will check it again in a couple of hours! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Its the front brake pad wear indicator,when the pads get to a certain thinness a loop of wire embedded in the pad is broken by the friction of the brake disc and the light inside your car goes off,VW wear indicators always go off early though you could get another 5 k out of them depending on your drivings style.

Its also not unknown for the wear indicator to light up once in wet or cold conditions and not come on the next time you start the car.

Advertisement