Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental advice for knocked out front teeth

Options
  • 30-03-2010 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hey,

a couple of years ago i had my two front teeth knocked out. i was 16, and now 23. Most of the teeth were knocked out close to the gum, just part of them coming down a bit from the gum. I had root canal on both teeth, and the dentist built the two teeth back, using the same stuff for a normal tooth filling if i remember, because i was not covered in the insurance to get crowns.

What I am wondering is how can i improve them. One of them is starting to chip a little bit back, and the colour is not natural, a few shades blacker than the rest of my teeth.

What is the best thing to do to strengthen and whiten them? Will it be costly? And where is the best place to get it done? Has anybody had anything like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

you can have crowns fitted now, or if cost is still a problem you can have the fillings spruced up a bit. Cost depends on how bad they are but 2-300 euro would go a long way in patching them up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op, i had a similar issue, I had a front tooth knocked out 12 years ago and another tooth was moved over and built up with composite, after so long it had really discouloured, I'm almost finished the process of getting an implant.

would that be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

You only need an implant if the tooth is knocked out completely. ( or so bad it can't be repaired)

Advertisement