Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda road noise

Options
  • 30-03-2010 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Lads i have my eye on a Skoda Octavia 1.9td. The 1998 - 2004 model.
    I'm reading that they are a great car but there are some reports that they have quite bad road noise at motorway speeds.

Is this a load of rubbish or is there any truth in it?

I'm going to be doing a fair bit of driving this summer so its an important issue for me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Lads i have my eye on a Skoda Octavia 1.9td. The 1998 - 2004 model.
    I'm reading that they are a great car but there are some reports that they have quite bad road noise at motorway speeds.

Is this a load of rubbish or is there any truth in it?

I'm going to be doing a fair bit of driving this summer so its an important issue for me.

Thanks.

Its fine at 120 km/h, gets a bit noisy past 160.

The tyres you have on it can make a big difference, when I had winters on mine it was like driving with a hair dryer on in the cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

They are a great car but are not as well insulated against noise as other cars in the VAG group.

Advertisement