Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keyless remote question

Options
  • 30-03-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a second hand 04 Mazda 3. Although the car has central locking I didn't get any remote for keyless entry/locking when I bought it. I can easily buy a remote and programme it but I don't know whether the car is equipped with a factory keyless entry system or not. I would assume that its standard in such a car but I want to be sure. Anyone know how I can find out if it will work and what part number I need for the remote? Only info I have been able to find is "contact your mazda dealer with your VIN" which im not sure will help. For starters I don't know where the car was bought originally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im sure if you give any mazda dealer your reg, they will tell you whether your car had the option or not. If not, they will know if the original system can be retro fitted. If the factory type setup cannot be retro fitted, im sure you could get an aftermarket remote locking system quite cheaply

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm nearly certain the 3 had remote controlled central locking. The fob is usually a seperate unit attached to the key afaik, something similar to this:

640px-Mazda_Guide-Protege_5-Programming_Key_Fobs-fob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Thanks for the replies.

Thats the remote model I was looking at buying but didn't want to slap down the cash until I asked around. I might see if a dealer will help me check for compatibility.

Advertisement