Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfalia Transit "Nugget" Leisure battery charger

Options
  • 29-03-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Need new mains battery charger, Westfalia want €375 ex Germany for new one !!
    Can I replace original charger with off-the shelf gel battery charger, costing less than €100 ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

harper61 wrote: »
    Need new mains battery charger, Westfalia want €375 ex Germany for new one !!
    Can I replace original charger with off-the shelf gel battery charger, costing less than €100 ?

They're pretty simple I'm sure you could get it repaired for peanuts. Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 harper61

Hi Paddy,

I'm nr. Macroom, Co. Cork, I can see that there is a component burned out on the charger board, could you fix it if I sent you the charger ?

Thanks,

Noel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Theres a guy tadhg creed from ballingeary he plays the guitar too so just ask in any pub there they'll know him. Thinks hes in chéim curragh buaile or however that was spelt.

I worked with him repairing monitors back in the day he's very good and dead sound should be able to sort you out.

Which component is burnt out?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 harper61

Component is burnt off board, aslo I'm not great on electronics ! ..... so I can't tell which component is knackered.
    I'll be able to locate Tadg Creed ok, I play a bit of music myself, I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Noel

Advertisement