Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Network

Options
  • 29-03-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

i currently just have a wireless router configured in the house. i have cat5e cables going to all rooms but this was more just to future proof the house when we were building. we have 1 home latpot and i sometimes bring back my work laptop so the wireless is fine for that use.

i have bought a logitech internet radio that is also capable of playing mp3's (http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/products/squeezebox-radio.html). in order take advantage of the capability i am looking to develop the network.

there are a few options that i am looking at

1) buy a netbook for casual internet browsing and use the current laptop as the central computer. the squeezebox could then play music from this wirelessly. i presume that this computer would have to be on the whole time. if nothing was accessing it would it go into hibernation mode?

2) buy a nas device and use this as both a backup storage and also a location that the squeezebox can access music from

any comments on these options or suggestions would be gratefully accepted

3)

Advertisement