Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long takes to recieve tax disk?

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Recently bought car.Got the logbook. Tax will be over 31.03.Nct over 14.O3 .Today i filled tax renewal form and posted it.When i should be expecting to get my disk,or be taxed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

About 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

tax disc normally arrives within a couple of days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

testicle wrote: »
    About 4 years.

:confused:

ive gotten tax discs within the week sometimes. i posted my details on the Friday and i had the disc before the following Friday.

i always send my details to the Ballymun tax office, they just seem to deal with it much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Mandzhalas

i sent it to department of transport shannon town.did i made mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It takes longer if you send it by post, probably 2 to 3 weeks depending on how busy they are. Alot faster to do it online, usually less than a week as it is more automated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    i sent it to department of transport shannon town.did i made mistake
    I believe you mean the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Shannon Town Centre. I think it's OK but you would probably would have gotten it on the spot (after queuing for an hour) if you had went to your County Council's Motor Tax Office.

Advertisement