Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should i drink?

Options
  • 29-03-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

so heading around to the local tonight for a few. i usualy drink, bud, bulmers or guinness (black n tan in the summer). i want something differant tonight, what in your opinions are the best pints out there?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Clotworthy Dobbin, Galway Hooker, Wrassler's XXXX, O'Hara's Red and Copperhead, to be getting on with. Where's your local?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Carlsberg!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I have become disillusioned and disheartened with the choice of drink in my local Limerick pubs.Usually drink Guinness but if not up to it will have a Heineken.Now I find myself drinking a pint for the sake of it.If it were not for the couple of weekends to the continent or England I would be constantly sober:eek:

With a great beer selection now available in Dublin, Cork and Galway it's a real shame Limerick is still so poorly served. The University of Limerick bar is the only one I know of with Irish craft beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

theparish wrote: »
    I have become disillusioned and disheartened with the choice of drink in my local Limerick pubs.Usually drink Guinness but if not up to it will have a Heineken.Now I find myself drinking a pint for the sake of it.If it were not for the couple of weekends to the continent or England I would be constantly sober:eek:

Now, if only the publicans would cop on to the fact that many people feel the way you do and rather than blame the recession/smoking ban/supermarkets for poor sales, would get off their arses and make a bit of an effort to provide some real choice. And by that I don't mean putting 7 different lagers and 5 alcopops in the fridge and charge €6.00 for them!!

Rant over:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

BeerNut wrote: »
    With a great beer selection now available in Dublin, Cork and Galway it's a real shame Limerick is still so poorly served. The University of Limerick bar is the only one I know of with Irish craft beer.
    Having spent enough time in Dublin, Cork and Galway, i can safely say that there are more sophisticated drinkers in those cities than in Limerick. That said, there is somewhat of a demand for it in Limerick, but given that its not a tourist destination (and its often tourists that make these places) i wouldn't expect a craft brew-pub to open any time soon, which is a shame.

grenache wrote: »
    its not a tourist destination (and its often tourists that make these places)
    True enough in Dublin, but it always seems to be a local crowd in The Franciscan Well and Bierhaus Cork, and in Oslo and The Salt House Galway.

I have met one Limerick publican who wants to set up a brewery in his pub, so hopefully it's not too far away.

Advertisement