Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theatre - What has been the most memorable show you've seen in Wexford town?

Options
  • 29-03-2010 4:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

This one is for all you theatre lovers in Wexford.

There is always something going on in the performing arts in Wexford with so many groups and societies now in existance. Drama, Musicals, Choral, Dance. With the Wexford Opera House, Dun Mhuire Theatre, Wexford Arts Centre at our disposal.

My question is: What has been the most memorable show you've seen or been involved with, in Wexford town?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Happy As A Fool back in 2004, Paul O'Brien and the cast just gave a great show and I think it was his last Maidinstown play which is a shame, his Janet's Table in the late 90s was another great one. Billy Roche's Rainwater Pond brilliant.

Wexford Drama Group have put on some good ones over the years, Someone Who'll Watch Over Me, Poor Beast in the Rain, By the Bog of Cats, The Last Apache Reunion and The Factory Girls, It was nice to see The Factory Girls on stage as some years earlier I was part of group that tried to do it but fell apart.

Really enjoyed The Wedding Singer last year it was the first one i had seen since Grease, I'm looking forward to seeing what musical they pick this year if its one I like I might get evolved.

I would like to see someone to do all the Wexford Trilogy in one night as I don't think it has been done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I haven't seen that many shows lately, but I loved the musical Sweeney Todd that was done a few years ago. It was before the movie came out and I hadn't heard of the storey before.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

Tops of the Town were always great!! Pity there is not as much of it anymore. Used to have so much fun taking part in them and watching what other groups would come up with!

I know Taghmon still do the tops but its just not the same anymore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭robdugg

Glad the Wedding Singer was mentioned. I was actually in that one. Very enjoyable show to be in. Other great productions from Oyster Lane Theatre Group were Jesus Christ Superstar in 1999 and Joseph in 2006. Not just saying that because I'm on committee for Oyster Lane either :D

I remember Paul O'Briens "The truth about lies". Really enjoyed that one.

By the bog of cats and Playboy of the Western world saw Wexford Drama Group at their best.

And of course Wexford Light Opera Society last year, The Producers was great.

Advertisement