Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tester sick

Options
  • 29-03-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

The girlfriend had her driving test booked for this morning but got a call 2 hours before to say the tester was sick and no others available, any idea how long she would be waiting for them to came back with another time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 watdub

the same thing happened to me had test for 8th March was cancelled cause tester was sick and got another one for April 1st, which is this Thursday, in Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

jayboi wrote: »
    The girlfriend had her driving test booked for this morning but got a call 2 hours before to say the tester was sick and no others available, any idea how long she would be waiting for them to came back with another time?
    Was about a week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

jayboi wrote: »
    The girlfriend had her driving test booked for this morning but got a call 2 hours before to say the tester was sick and no others available

God, that's not a lot of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

cosmic wrote: »
    God, that's not a lot of notice.

i know, she had to take the day off work for it.
    I was wondering why no other testers were able to do it but id imagine that doing another testers test might break their work to rule.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

first time it happened to me i had to wait 9 weeks, the second time was 7 weeks.

it happened to the OH in February and he had to wait 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

wow that sounds archaic .. why not put a queue line up like everything else
    imagine if the local dole officer was sick would you have to wait 7 weeks for some cash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

she got a letter yesterday saying she was on again in may! 5 weeks after her initial booking!! sounds like she was put to the back of the line,we're going to ring up tuesday when they're open again! absolute joke!

Advertisement