Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More hidden treasure..! (Cars found in shed)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Work just blocked that for dodgy adult content...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

EPM wrote: »

Ah man...I dont think I've ever seen anything like this on here before, unreal stuff. Wow. Shame you cant see it EPM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

A teaser for EPM

afa412jl.jpg

afa1512mb.jpg

afa5219hl.jpg

afa7415cf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

EPM wrote: »
    its a link to another forum but seems legit apart from that.

Quality photos too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's ok...got it on mobile now...nice:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Got that in an e-mail a few years ago.. Supposedly the back story was some couple bought this house and a huge amount of land.. The doors on this shed were welded shut so nobody knew what was inside until curiosity got the better of the new owners..

Supposedly the hual was worth a nice sum of cash!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It has been posted before, but hey, I think it merits a rerun!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Believe thats been here before. Not bothered to prove it though. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unfortunately the story isn't completely true (link).
    What he found out by tracking down the photographer was that the owner of the barn (and the 180 or so vintage cars contained within) was not a lucky buyer who had just purchased the property and was astonished to find a treasure trove in one of the farm buildings. The owner was an automobile dealer in the 1970s and 1980s who had built up his assemblage of cars over the years and stashed it in the barn (locking the structure up when it was full) and who simply hired a photographer recently to document his collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Must have been a big shed to fit the hual in! :D

http://www.portkembla.com.au/page/community---education/port-images/hual-car-ship-entering-port-kembla/

Hual%20Car%20Ship%20entering%20port.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,916 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not that one again, it's years old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Dero

Got that in an e-mail a few years ago.. Supposedly the back story was some couple bought this house and a huge amount of land.. The doors on this shed were welded shut so nobody knew what was inside until curiosity got the better of the new owners..

Unfortunately that aspect of the story is untrue.:(

The car collection is real enough though. :)

More info here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats ancient, it must be 3-4 years since i last saw this though,

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

I love classic cars, it amazes me how some collecters treat the cars though, like whats the point in having beautiful cars sitting unloved in a barn.
    Seems a shame to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I love classic cars, it amazes me how some collecters treat the cars though, like whats the point in having beautiful cars sitting unloved in a barn.
    Seems a shame to me.

They probably do it to annoy us:D

Advertisement