Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia n95 unlocked. messaging help?

Options
  • 29-03-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

ive recently got a nokia n95 phone that was unlocked from 3 billpay, im trying to use my vodafone simcard in it but it wont let me send text messages.
    It alows me to make calls and recieve calls and texts but not send messages.
    It says the message centre is 3 in message settings but it wont let me change it, theres no other options only 3.

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You need to change the message centre number to 35387699989 for vodafone. If the phone wont allow you, you will have to debrand it, to get rid of the 3 software.

You can follow this as a guide, but use this code instead: 0534841

Let me know if you need some more help, and backup your info, contacts etc as they will be gone from the phone. You can more most stuff to your memory card and that will be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

when i click on the phone info box the box below it is blank
    its not finding the fone so when i enter the code it says error

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you connected the phone is 'pc suite' mode?

yes i have tried doin it 2 or 3 times

Do you have any problems using the nokia pc suite apps with the phone?

What is the computer running on?

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Do you have any problems using the nokia pc suite apps with the phone?

What is the computer running on?

i only got the phone and i downloaded pc suite off the internet there so i havent tried it

it was a billphone before so when he got a upgrade i got that.
    its a dell inspiron laptop

Try it with the pc suite, you might need the drivers updated.

Is is windows xp or vista?

Try it with the pc suite, you might need the drivers updated.

Is is windows xp or vista?

its vista.
    if i bring it into the vodafone shop or carphone warehouse can they fix it ?

garv123 wrote: »
    its vista.
    if i bring it into the vodafone shop or carphone warehouse can they fix it ?

Ok, well people often get problems with visa and nss. You can try change the properties off nss and it in Xp compatibility mode. Just right clikc on the ns icon, and then go to properties, and you will see compability option.

Or try doing it on an XP machine.

Or bring it to mobile phone repair company, or fonemenders or another nokia service centre and ask them to do it. Vodafone or carphoneware house wont be able to do it.

Ok, well people often get problems with visa and nss. You can try change the properties off nss and it in Xp compatibility mode. Just right clikc on the ns icon, and then go to properties, and you will see compability option.

Or try doing it on an XP machine.

Or bring it to mobile phone repair company, or fonemenders or another nokia service centre and ask them to do it. Vodafone or carphoneware house wont be able to do it.

i think theres a lil nokia repair shop in town sumwhere :D il find it and try it
    thanks for your help

• Advertisement

In dublin you mean?

Your probably thinking of fonemenders on South Anne St. They also have one in the gpo arcade now, off henry street.

In dublin you mean?

Your probably thinking of fonemenders on South Anne St. They also have one in the gpo arcade now, off henry street.

im livin in waterford :D

Advertisement