Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"i mo" question

Options
  • 29-03-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Heyas! I am teaching my sister some Irish that is relevant to her life which I find is working successfully :D Anyhoo she wanted to say "he will be my husband then" (as in after the wedding).

So.. is "Beidh sé i mo fhear céile" okay to say here, or can you just use "i mo" when you are talking about yourself, like as in "tá mé i mo mhúinteoir".

Thanks for any help..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

pog it wrote: »
    Is "Beidh sé i mo fhear céile" okay to say here, or can you just use "i mo" when you are talking about yourself, like as in "tá mé i mo mhúinteoir".

Well, something doesn't sound right with "Beidh sé i mo fhear céile" to me! I would sooner say "M'fhear céile a bheas / a bheidh ann".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Well, something doesn't sound right with "Beidh sé i mo fhear céile" to me! I would sooner say "M'fhear céile a bheas / a bheidh ann".

Thanks Micilín, I had a feeling it sounded a bit odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

That sounds fine. I think you could also say: "Beidh sé mar fhear chéile agam ansin"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

That sounds fine. I think you could also say: "Beidh sé mar fhear chéile agam ansin"

Yeah, that's how I'd say it. Micilín Muc's version is just as good though.

Advertisement