Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to connect to host

Options
  • 29-03-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi,
    i recently bought a ps3 with cod mw2 ,
    when i try to connect to my friends party i ALWAYS get the message unable to connect to host, how do i fix this please?
    i think its somethin to do with ip address or somethin but i havin a clue how to fix it?

Also when i check the network settings it says my NAT type is Type 3 and says:

when the NAT type is type 3, chat or the communication features of games be may be restricted.

do you know how to fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

gamby wrote: »
    hi,
    i recently bought a ps3 with cod mw2 ,
    when i try to connect to my friends party i ALWAYS get the message unable to connect to host, how do i fix this please?
    i think its somethin to do with ip address or somethin but i havin a clue how to fix it?

Also when i check the network settings it says my NAT type is Type 3 and says:

when the NAT type is type 3, chat or the communication features of games be may be restricted.

do you know how to fix this?

Try this

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

I'd hazard a guess that you need to roll up yer sleeves and get into your router config. If you know what I mean then you should be fine.

If you dont, start with portforward.com. Best of luck, let us know if you need more help but you're better off with google at this point.............as for that grainy vid, i dunno, couldnt watch it through to the end but doubt theres anything useful there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

that 'grainy video' got me from nat type 3 to nat type 1 in about ten minutes. very simple to follow, but you have to be with eircom. if you are with eircom look at the video before going near portforward.com

minotour wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that you need to roll up yer sleeves and get into your router config. If you know what I mean then you should be fine.

If you dont, start with portforward.com. Best of luck, let us know if you need more help but you're better off with google at this point.............as for that grainy vid, i dunno, couldnt watch it through to the end but doubt theres anything useful there.

:rolleyes:

That grainy video has sorted out more people's problems then you can possible imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

well thats me suitably chastised, if only all of lifes problems could be addressed by a blurry video:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gamby

FAIR PLAY to ya Creasy_bear.......

Worked a charm!!

i think all i had to change was the

logon: eircom
    password: boadband1
    (video says broadband1 for both didnt try this cause had logon above written down)

bit :) and it worked perfect....

i didnt use this video straight away cause im not using wireless and that bit of the video put me off put jus do the same for wired connection :

GOOD JOB :)

Thanks A MILLION!! was reckon my head :)

YES YES YES GAME TIME!!!

gamby wrote: »
    FAIR PLAY to ya Creasy_bear.......

Worked a charm!!

i think all i had to change was the

logon: eircom
    password: boadband1
    (video says broadband1 for both didnt try this cause had logon above written down)

bit :) and it worked perfect....

i didnt use this video straight away cause im not using wireless and that bit of the video put me off put jus do the same for wired connection :

GOOD JOB :)

Thanks A MILLION!! was reckon my head :)

YES YES YES GAME TIME!!!

no worries , just doing for you what someone did for me a long time ago ;)

Advertisement