Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case 4230 lights

Options
  • 29-03-2010 12:47pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi,all the ligts bar two have stopped working on our 4230,where would i start trying to fix this,yes the bulbs are ok...The indicator stalk was the dips on it and now you have to hold the stick up too turn on the front heads...what do i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

pajero12 wrote: »
    Hi,all the ligts bar two have stopped working on our 4230,where would i start trying to fix this,yes the bulbs are ok...The indicator stalk was the dips on it and now you have to hold the stick up too turn on the front heads...what do i do?

did u check all the fuses ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Yes

Yes

are the fusses ok ? what lights are working ? ?

bk1991 wrote: »
    are the fusses ok ? what lights are working ? ?
    Yes the fuses are ok,one of the front roof lights is working aswell as the light under the indicator

Yes the fuses are ok,one of the front roof lights is working aswell as the light under the indicator

well i would have taught the fuses . is there power comeing at fuses ? or is there power comeing to lights it self ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

try your dim/dip relay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Not saying its the case (!) here, but in my experience this kind of problem is often down to grotty connections, corroded bulb holders etc. Its a long search & destroy type operation that will eventually sort things out.

did u get sorted ? if not there should be definitaly someone on british farmind fourm that can help

bk1991

Nope,think the dip switch might have something to do with it!,have to take the whole dash off:(,didnt get a chance yet

Nope,think the dip switch might have something to do with it!,have to take the whole dash off:(,didnt get a chance yet

il post a tread on british farming fourm if ya want . u dont have take dash off to tak out dip/indicator switch just slip of the top dash cover .two spring pins on ether side push in and turn ,then slacken off the two screws holding on dash loosen the two little screws that hold on switch(should be ether side of switch) and slip up hand up back of dash and grab it theres about 6inch of wirs on it the plugs into loom .

bk1991

• Advertisement

il post a tread on british farming fourm if ya want . u dont have take dash off to tak out dip/indicator switch just slip of the top dash cover .two spring pins on ether side push in and turn ,then slacken off the two screws holding on dash loosen the two little screws that hold on switch(should be ether side of switch) and slip up hand up back of dash and grab it theres about 6inch of wirs on it the plugs into loom .

bk1991

Oh thats great thanks,have you worked on them before?you seem to know alot about them!

Oh thats great thanks,have you worked on them before?you seem to know alot about them!

il get back to u with there answers ..... i have a 1985 ih 885xl which is the first generation tractor then came the case ih 895 then ur caseih 4230 so .i just thinker around with it when something goes wrong :D
    best way to learn anything

bk1991

Thanks man,appreciate you going to the bother!!!
    J.J

Advertisement