Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Salt House (Galway), Emerald Ale

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a few ale enthusiasts who post on here, so I thought I might give a headsup for anyone in Galway. I was in The Salt House last night, and they had Emerald Ale, which I was very enthusiastic to try. Proper old style hand pump and all. It was a very interesting ale, not amazing, but very distinct and good flavour. I'll be having more of it when I go back again.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Abbot's in Cork have a cask ale at the moment which I'm told is called Emerald TSB.
    Now I know that The Porterhouse make TSB but apparently this is a White Gypsy brew.
    Anyway, whatever it is, it is a very nice, light, hoppy session brew.

I wonder if it's the same beer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, it's lovely. The sort of thing you mightn't give a second glance to in England, but is brilliant to see in an Irish pub.

It's on gravity in Porterhouse Temple Bar, but was pouring very flat last Thursday. It needs the handpump and sparkler to give it some life, I think.
    I wonder if it's the same beer?
    I'd say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's on gravity in Porterhouse Temple Bar, but was pouring very flat last Thursday. It needs the handpump and sparkler to give it some life, I think

yea have to agree

Advertisement